Presentation on theme: "TOURIST SITES IN SILISTRA REGIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM SILISTRA."— Presentation transcript:
TOURIST SITES IN SILISTRA REGIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM SILISTRA
NAAR ‘Dorustorum- Drastar – Silistra’ ► NAAR ‘Dorustorum- Drastar – Silistra’, declared such by a decree of the Ministers’ Council № 627/ The issues on building and preservation are regulated by Act 1/ The borders of the reserve are updated with a protocol of NHMC of 1992, approved by the Minister of Culture. Total protected area under different modes – 90%of the territory of the town of Silistra.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM The building was constructed in the period as a branch of the Roumanian National Bank in the town. Since 1990 it has been housing the Archaeological display of the History museum – Silistra. It occupies an area of 400 sq.m. and artefacts from prehistoric, ancient and medieval epochs are on display here.
Northern fortified wall
Southern fortified wall
BASILICA OF THE LATE ANTIQUITY
ROMAN TOMB IV C.
Ethnographical exhibition of the History museum – Silistra The exhibition of the Ethnography museum occupies an area of 300 sq. m. It comprises artefacts featuring the lifestyle and the culture of the Dobrudja people in the Silistra region from the middle of the XIX c. to the beginning of the XX c.
Ethnographical exhibition of the History museum – Silistra
Turkish fort ‘Abdul Medjidi’ (Medjidi Tabia) It is situated south of Silistra and is the best preserved of the six points of the Turkish fortification system, which played an important role in the Russian-Turkish wars of and The idea for the construction of this system of military fortifications belongs to the German military engineer Helmut fon Moltke, who visited the town in The fortress is built in the period
Turkish fort ‘Abdul Medjidi’ (Medjidi Tabia) In 1847 it was built by the Sultan Abdul Medjid, who showed an interest in it and so it was called after him – Medjidi Tabia. The fortified wall is hexagonal and rises up to 8 metres in height. Adjacent to it is a moat, which used to function both as a barrier and a camouflage. The construction of the fortress was completed during the reign of the District governor Said Pasha right before the Crimean Car. The fortress facilities ‘took part’ in the Crimean war which broke out in 1853 in Silistra.
Kurshumlu mosque Kurshumlu mosque in Silistra is declared a monument of culture of local importance. The building was constructed in the first decades of the XVI c and best reflects the mastership of the Osman architects. It got its name after the lead layers covering its dome. Like every mosque built under the Osman dynasty, the Kurshumlu mosque faces Meka.
ART GALLERY The Gallery was open on 3 rd March 1972 and is being housed in the most representative building of the district centre. It was built at the end of XIX c. for the Pedagogical school, which was about to open. The collection work itself started a few years before the opening of the gallery.
ART GALLERY In the fund repository of the Silistra Art Gallery over 1,500 works of art are kept, namely: paintings, black and white drawings, sculptures, as well as the exceptionally valuable works of great Bulgarian artists such as Stoyan Venev, Vladimir Dimitrov-Maistora, Danail Dechev, Dechko Uzunov, Ilia Petrov, Zlatyo Boyadjiev, Nenko Balkanski, Tsanko Lavrenov, Vassil Barakov, Boris Ivanov, Vassil Stoilov, Panayot Panayotov, Alexander Poplilov, etc.
St. Peter and Paul Shrine Temple St. Peter and Paul Shrine is declared monument of culture and was built after the Crimean War by the leading Bulgarian school in the Revival period, called Dryanov School of Architecture. The murals were painted by the great Bulgarian painter Prof. Kozhuharov.
St. Peter and Paul Shrine Temple During his visit to Bulgaria in 2001 the Pope John Paul II gave some of the sacred relics of St. Dassii as a gift to Silistra Christian community. The relics – right shoulder bone are laid in a marble shrine box, which is kept in the Apostles St. Peter and Paul Metropolis Cathedral Temple. So far these have been the only authentic relics on display of a saint-martyr of early Christian times, whose name is known.
The Interior design of the temple church and an icon of XVII c.
Armenian church – mid-XIX c.
The Russian Old-ritual church in the Tataritsa residential quarter
The church in Kalipetrovo from 1847
The monastery near the village of Aidemir
Forthcoming events ► Data collection ► Labelling the objects as part of a marking information system ► Training of adolescents ► Creating tourist products ► Promotional activities
Target tourist groups ► Children and students ► Families ► Regular flow of holidaymakers on package tours at the Black Sea coast ► Individual tourists, not as part of package tours ► Staff in culture or tourism institutions
Training ► Of museum staff ► Of guides ► Of people offering tourist services, such as hotel or restaurant staff, craftsmen, etc
Tourist products ► Working out routes, specialised tours on specific topics ► Crafts works, souvenirs, replicas and models of objects, dolls in traditional Bulgarian costumes, badges, postcards and leaflets ► Promotional activities – brochures, maps, signs, billboards, information posters and tables, internet materials – list of addresses of information centres and a website