We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byBeatrice Barber
Modified about 1 year ago
Dips and Dunkers
Basic ingredients for the dips: 50g natural yogurt or fromage frais, 50g cream cheese.
Some ideas for flavourings.
1. In a bowl, mix together 50g cream cheese and 50g fromage frais or natural yogurt. This is the basis for all the dips.
2. For cucumber and onion raita add 1 x 15ml spoon of finely chopped onion, 5cm of chopped cucumber and ½ x 5ml spoon of dried or freshly chopped mint.
3. Cheese and onion: 25g grated cheese and 1 x 15ml spoon of finely chopped onion.
4. Pineapple: add 2 x 15ml spoonfuls of chopped canned pineapple with the juice drained off.
5. Spicy tomato: Add 1 x 15ml spoonful of tomato puree or sauce, shake of pepper or paprika or chilli powder.
6. For a herby dip, add 2 x 15ml spoons of chives, parsley, mint or dill.
7. Serve the dips in ramekins or small dishes. It’s a good idea to add a garnish to show the main ingredient in each dip.
Some ideas for dunkers.
1. Cut the top and bottom off a pepper. Remove the seed head.
2. Cut the pepper from top to bottom and open it up into a long strip. Remove any seeds and white fibrous bits.
3. Cut the pepper into strips.
4. Wash and dry two sticks of celery. Cut into pieces about 8cm long. Cut each piece into strips.
5. Cut a piece of cucumber about 7 cm long. Hold in a claw grip and cut down through the cucumber in a criss-cross pattern.
6. Peel a carrot. Cut off the top and bottom.
7. Cut the carrot into two pieces, about 7 or 8cm long.
8. Cut down through the carrot in a criss-cross pattern, in the same way as you cut the cucumber.
9. Wash and dry an apple. Cut in half keeping your hand in the bridge hold.
10. Put the flat sides down on the board and cut each half into quarters.
11. Hold each quarter in a claw grip.
12. Make a V shaped cut to remove the core.
13. Cut each segment into slices and squeeze some lemon juice over the top to prevent browning.
14. Divide a piece of cauliflower into florets.
15. Cut some naan or pitta bread into batons (using knife or scissors).
16. Serve in a divided dish or in individual dishes.
17. Other dunkers include breadsticks and tortilla chips.
Very Veggie Kebabs. Make the yogurt dressing first: 75ml fresh coriander, parsley and basil (or other fresh herbs) 200ml crème fraiche or natural yogurt,
Red and Green Coleslaw. Ingredients: Small piece of white cabbage (approx 50g), small piece of red cabbage, 1 carrot, 1 apple, handful of sultanas.
Totally Tropical Fruit Salad & Fruit Kebabs. Ingredients: ½ pineapple, ½ cantaloupe melon, ½ papaya,1 mango, 2 oranges, 1 lime, 1 banana, 1 x 15ml spoon.
Serious Caribbean Salsa. Make the salsa first: ½ red onion, finely diced, 1 tomato, finely chopped, 1/2 red pepper,1 chilli,1/2 mango, juice of 1 lime,
Beany Burgers with Corn & Apple Relish. Relish ingredients: 1/2 a red pepper and 1/2 a green pepper, deseeded and finely diced, 2 salad onions, 1 diced.
Meaty Burger with Caribbean Salsa. Make the salsa first: ½ red onion, finely diced, 1 tomato, finely chopped, 1/2 red pepper,1 chilli,1/2 mango, juice.
Hot Harira. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, (500g lamb cubes – optional), 1 x 5ml spoon ground turmeric, 1 x 5ml spoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 x 5ml.
Monstrous Meatballs with Ragu Sauce & Spaghetti. Ingredients for the Ragu Sauce: 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 carrot, 1 celery, 1 bay leaf 400g can tomatoes,
Springy Spring Rolls, Spicy Samosas & Wondrous Wraps.
Crown copyright 2008 Fruit fusion Session: 1.
Top Potato Topped Pie. Ingredients for Cottage Pie: 2 sticks celery, 1 leek, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 25g frozen peas, 500g minced beef, 1 bay leaf, 1 x 5ml.
Year 7 Food Technology Recipe Booklet Food & cooking module Name: Tutor: Teacher:Group:
Luscious Lentil & Tomato Soup. Ingredients: 100g red or brown lentils, 1 can tomatoes or carton passata (sieved tomatoes), 500 ml water, 1 x vegetable.
VIP Vegetable & Pasta Bake. Ingredients: 1 x 15ml spoon oil, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 2 x 15ml spoons canned sweetcorn, 200g button mushrooms, 200g broccoli,
Wondrous Wraps. Mediterranean Wraps: Tortilla wraps, hummus, sun dried tomatoes, black olives, carrot, lettuce, cucumber.
Spicy Samosas. Ingredients for samosas: filo or samosa pastry, 1 potato, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2 x 15ml spoons frozen peas, 1 x 5ml spoon turmeric, ½ x 5ml.
Cool Coconut Rice ‘n’ Peas with Funky Plantain. Ingredients:2 x 15ml spoons olive oil, 1 onion, 1 red pepper, a few drops of Tabasco (hot pepper sauce),
Crown copyright 2008 Spicy Bean Burgers Session: 10 Photo of final recipe here.
Tasty Taboulleh This salad is made with couscous and contains: 100g Prepared couscous Chopped salad onions Grated carrot Diced tomatoes Diced cucumber.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Simple Salad with dressing.
GCSE Design Question Humous High in vegetable protein Suitable for vegetarians Paste may cause problems for allergies as contains sesame seeds.
Creamy Carrot & Orange Soup. Ingredients:1 x 15ml spoon sunflower oil, 600 ml water, 1 x vegetable stock cube or 1 x 5ml spoon bouillon powder, 1 onion,1.
Potato pancakes Ingredients: 10 big potatoes 1 onion 5-6 spoons of flour 1 egg some salt, some pepper oil.
Cornish Pasty & Vegetable Pasty. The first stage: Make a quantity of shortcrust pastry with 225g plain flour, 115g fat (mixture of white fat and margarine)
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Veggie Snacks.
Mix and Match Salads. Getting started We are going to start by cooking 4 ingredients, each of which could be used as the basis of a salad. They are:
UCEP-Station Colony School Chittagong, Bangladesh. Under Privileged Children Educational Program.
Tuna Dip with Vegetable Dippers Eat Well be Well Unit.
Crown copyright 2008 Spicy tomato soup Session: 4 Photo of final recipe here.
Healthy Eating Yr7 Recipes. Fruit Salad Ingredients 1 apple 1 orange ½ pineapple ring 100ml fruit juice Method 1.Pour the fruit juice into a small bowl.
“Sweet and Spicy Noodles with Fruit” Presented by Nicole page=3
Tomato, Red Onion & Feta Salad. Ingredients: 2 tomatoes cut in wedges, 50g black olives, 25g sliced sun-dried tomatoes, ½ a small red onion thinly sliced,
© BRITISH NUTRITION FOUNDATION 2013 Cheese dip and dippers Cook-a-long.
BULGARIAN NATIONAL CUISINE reflects the traditions of Nutrition in the history of Bulgarian people under the influence of various factors. Old Bulgarian.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Fruit Kebab.
Crown copyright 2008 Quick ‘V’ lasagne Session: 16.
Ingredients: 2 scoops of vanilla ice- cream 2 bananas Chocolate sauce Equipment Chopping board Knife 1 ice cream scooper Bowl 1 spoon.
Best Bread Rolls Fast Focaccia Perfect Pizza. Ingredients to make 6 bread rolls: 225g strong white plain flour, ½ x 5ml spoon of salt, 1 (6g) sachet of.
Crown copyright 2007 Spaghetti bolognese Session: 16.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2006www.nutrition.org.uk/cookclub Sandwich Wrap.
Heavenly Hummus. Ingredients: 425g can chick peas, 1 clove garlic, 4 x 15ml spoons olive oil, juice of a lemon, 4 x 15ml spoons tahini, salt and paprika.
Lifestyle Interventions Dr MargiAnne Isaia, MD MPH Enthusiasm Meal Collection: SIDE DISH Power point presentation All rights reserved. Copyright secured.
POLISH RECIPES collected by Maksym Chudzicki from III b and Julia Chudzicka 6 b.
TYPICAL POLISH MEALS consist of breakfast, dinner and supper.
Crown copyright 2008 Koftas Session: 10.
O 1/2 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil o 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled, smashed, then minced o 1 baguette, preferably a day old, sliced thin o 1/4.
Vegetable burgers (Vegetarian) 2 portions: 1 small onion, rasped 2 carrots, rasped 2 potatoes, rasped 100 g celery root, rasped 1 egg 3 regular spoon whole.
Poached Pears. We will learn to use a potato peeler correctly and safely. We will poach the pears on the top of the cooker safely. We will see how a piece.
Sustainable, easy to prepare, and loaded with healthy benefits.
Pronto Pasta Salad This Pasta salad is made using: 100g Cooked pasta shapes Finely chopped red onion Diced red pepper Handful of black olives Finely chopped.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.