Presentation on theme: "Hayleigh Personal Trainer Period 1 11-5-12. Rising Stars Soccer Center is an organization that provides one-on-one soccer training for kids ages 6-18."— Presentation transcript:
Rising Stars Soccer Center is an organization that provides one-on-one soccer training for kids ages 6-18. We mainly focus on working with individuals, but we will provide summer soccer camps for teams.
I am the owner of the company and I train kids in soccer skills. I advertise the company by putting ads in newspapers, making brochures, creating billboards, and placing Commercials on television, on the radio, and on the internet. Hourly pay- $50.00
X0182040 Y0$50$400$1,000$2,000 Hours Money Earned $50.00 per hour Y=50x Weekly income : y=50x40= $2,000 Monthly income : y=50x170= $8,500 Yearly income : y=50x2040= $102,000
The trainer’s assistant assists the trainer by running the warm-up sessions with the students and helps the personal trainer with soccer skills. Hourly pay : $25.00
X0182040 y0$25$200$500$1,000 Hours Money Earned $25.00 per hourY=25x Weekly income : y=40x25= $1,000 Monthly income : y=170x25=$4,250 Yearly income : y=2040x25= $51,000
The office manager is responsible for answering the phone, keeping track of the money and forms that come in, and scheduling appointments. Hourly pay : $20.00
x0182040 y0$20$160$400$800 Hours Money Earned $20.00 per hour Y=20x Weekly income : y=40x20= $800 Monthly income : y=170x20=$3,400 Yearly income : y=2040x20=$40,800
Do you like soccer? Do you enjoy working with kids? Rising Stars Soccer Center is looking for two responsible people to work beside the owner to create a kid friendly environment in which to learn the game of soccer.
This person will assist the trainer by helping with warm ups and soccer drills. The pay is very competitive at $25.00 per hour with a possible pay raise after six months.
This person will be responsible for answering the phone, scheduling appointments, and making sure that the proper forms and money are turned in on time. The pay for this position is also very competitive at $20.00 per hour with a possible pay raise after six months. Apply today online or call 678-415-6172 and ask for Hayleigh.
After six months, I have decided to give the office manager a 25% raise for all of the hard work he does.
Month 123456789101112 Money 3400680010,20013,60017,00020,40024,65028,90033,15037,40041,65045,900 25% of $3,400= $850 Beginning month 7, the new monthly salary is $4,250. This table does not show direct variation because the office manager does not earn the same amount of money after the sixth month. The graph of these numbers would not be a straight line.
1.The trainer’s assistant is going back to college. He must work part time instead of full time. X 40 X represents the number of hours he works in a week
2. The office manager could possibly work over time hours during summer camps. X≥40 X represents the number of hours he works in a week.
3. Business is good. I, the personal trainer/owner, will give myself a raise. I haven’t decided how much the raise will be yet. X40 X represents the new hourly rate
1.What is direct variation, and what are three ways to represent a direct variation? A direct variation is a relationship between two variables, x and y, that can be written as y=kx, where k is a non-zero constant. A direct variation can be represented as a table, a line graph, and y=kx.
2. How do you determine the equation of a direct variation? First, you write the equation y=kx. Next, you substitute for x and y. Then, you solve for k. Divide y by x. Finally, you substitute the value of k and rewrite the equation.
3. Given a one-variable equation, how do you solve for the variable? When solving, you must first determine the inverse operation and then apply it to both sides of the equation to keep it balanced. Then you should always substitute your solution back into the equation to check your work.
4. What is the difference between an equation and an inequality? An equation is a mathematical statement that two quantities are equal. An inequality shows that two amounts are not equal.