Presentation on theme: "1 Edwin Jones N0283279 Digital 3D Portfolio. 2 Contents Page 3 – Cola Bottle Model Page 5 – Light Bulb Model Page 7 – Game Boy Micro Model Page 9 – Character."— Presentation transcript:
2 Contents Page 3 – Cola Bottle Model Page 5 – Light Bulb Model Page 7 – Game Boy Micro Model Page 9 – Character Model
3 Cola Bottle Model The model of the Cola Bottle I made. The original Cola Bottle.
4 How I made the Cola Bottle The logo is a.TGA image created in Photoshop derived from the actual Coca Cola logo. It measures 512 x 512 pixels. The model itself started as a cylinder. With careful scaling of the vertices I made the basic shape of the bottle and I used MSmooth for the curves at the bottom. I created a plastic material with a low opacity and a reflection map for the body. A direct light and an omni light were added to show the standard of the plastic as well as to make the shadow look realistic. The logo was custom made in Photoshop and applied as a texture. The model is made of 808 triangles. The wireframe shows how I scaled the vertices in more detail as well as the effect of MSmooth on the curves at the bottom.
5 Light Bulb Model The light bulb model I made.The original light bulb.
6 How I made the Light Bulb This model started as two separate cylinders, one for the socket and one for the actual bulb which was copied thrice. Careful vertex manipulation shaped the socket, the bulb involved much more rotation and scaling. I applied the contacts and logo text as a texture. I used a variety of materials for the shiny bulb, the matt socket and the metallic part of the socket. The metal material is custom made with careful use of smoothing groups and reflection to make it look realistic despite the fact there is not much to reflect in the scene. I used a direct light and an omni light to bring out the best of the materials and to light the scene realistically. The model is made of 988 triangles. The wireframe shows how I manipulated the mesh in more detail and how I saved triangles on the actual bulbs. The.TGA image shows how I made the texture by taking images from the internet and altering them significantly so they would look correct on the model. I took a picture of the contacts for the texture. The bitmap measures 1024 x 1024 pixels.
7 Game Boy Micro Model The model of the Game Boy I made.The original Game Boy Micro.
8 How I made the Game Boy Model This model started as a box. I chamfered the edges and adjusted the vertices to make the mesh, then I attached the buttons which were made from separate boxes and cylinders. I used extrusions for the shoulder buttons. The texture is rather complex and was applied to make the model look realistic. I used two omni lights to light the scene realistically and to show that there was more geometry than might be immediately obvious. The model has 418 triangles. This wireframe shows the mesh in more detail and allows you to see the geometry of the buttons. This.TGA image shows how I made the texture by taking photos from all sides of the original game boy and then applying them correctly to the geometry. I added the “Super Mario” game screen to improve the look of the model. It measures 1024 x 1024 pixels.
10 How I made my Character Model The model started as a box from which I extruded an arm and leg, then a hand and foot. After moving the vertices around to provide a more realistic shape, I mirrored the model to make the other half of my body and then welded the two halves together. I then subdivided the model to round it off even more. Then I scaled the vertices further to get the mesh looking as realistic as possible. I made the head with the FaceGen program and attached it to the model and welded it in place. I then applied the texture which took considerable effort. The model is made of 8804 triangles. The wireframe show the mesh in more detail, especially the hands, joints and head. The joints had to be detailed so they would animate well. The.TGA file shows the texture in detail. FaceGen provided my facial texture but I took shots of my clothing, shoes, skin and iris to apply to the model. It measures 1536 x 2048 pixels.
11 How I made my character dance I have rigged my character to perform a basic dance. This was done by using the biped tool to create a biped which I scaled to fit my model. I connected it to my model so that any animation the biped performed my model would follow. I spent a long time making sure the vertices were weighted reasonably and then loaded a pre-made.BIP animation file. This animated the character. I then improved the scene by adding a noise based environment map to make it looks like the character was dancing amongst the starts. An omni light and directional light were used for realistic lighting.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.