2Too many ask, “What is God's will for my life?" The real question is, “What is God's will?"
3Jesus’ Example John 5:17, 19-20•The Father is working right up until now•The Father had Jesus working•Jesus did nothing on His own initiative•Jesus watched to see what the Father was doing•Jesus did what He saw the Father was already doing•The Father loved Jesus•The Father showed Jesus everything that He, Himself, was doing.
4LEARNING TO BE A SERVANT OF GOD The example of Jesus - Phil. 2:5-8Instructions to disciples –Matt. 20:26-28The example of the potter –Jer. 18:1-6
57 Realities of Experiencing God (as modeled by Elijah)
61. God was already at work around Elijah 1 Kings 19:18
72. God pursues a continuing love relationship with Elijah that was real and personal. 1 Kings 19:5-8
83. God invited Elijah to become involved with Him in His work 3. God invited Elijah to become involved with Him in His work. 1 Kings 19:8-11
94. God spoke to reveal Himself, His purpose, and His ways 4. God spoke to reveal Himself, His purpose, and His ways. 1 Kings 19:11-13
105. God’s invitation for Elijah to work with Him led to a crisis of belief that required faith and action. 1 Kings 19:15-19
116. Elijah had to make major adjustments in his life to join God in what He was doing. 1 Kings 19:19
127. Elijah came to know God by experience as he obeyed God, and God accomplished His work through Elijah. 1 Kings 19: 19-21
13“When you believe nothing significant can happen through you, you have said more about your belief in God than you have declared about yourself.”