balls baseball volleyball basketball football tennis table tennis
There is a football match. Playing football is a little dangerous. What’s the matter? He hurts his legs.
baseball basketball football table tennis tennis volleyball 6 1 2 3 5 4 a b c d e f
ride a bike play badminton boxing swimming running
boring dangerous difficult easy cheap exciting expensive popular relaxing safe Playing__________ is __________. volleyball easy Talk about your likes and dislikes I like… I enjoy… I am good at… I am not good at… My favourite sport is…
Listening Task. Listen to the tape again and fill in the blanks. 1.Football is more than baseball. 2.Baseball is. 3.Table tennis is a game than tennis. 4.Swimming is. Tips: 1. 听前，要浏览问题及选项，做到熟悉听力内容。 2. 听中，要捕捉信息词并迅速记笔记。 3. 听后，认真检查所填信息是否准确。 popular boring faster relaxing
watch match on TV watch match in the stadium not dangerous relaxing cheap Watching the match is safer than playing. buy ticket Watching on TV is more relaxing. It’s cheaper than buying tickets for the match.
1.Why was the match last week so boring? Because no one scored at all. 2.What’s the matter with Tony? He was really tired and he hurt his knee. 3.Why did Tony enjoy watching the Olympics on TV? Because it was cheaper than buying tickets for all the games.
Staying at home is easier than going to the stadium. And it’s more relaxing.
boring dangerous difficult easy cheap exciting expensive popular relaxing safe Which is more difficult, running or swimming? I think ______ is more difficult than______. Which is more ________, _________ or _________? I think _________ is more _________ than _________.
safe---- easy---- cheap--- dangerous---- popular----- boring---- relaxing--- exciting— difficult--- 一、 将下列形容词变成比较级形式： safer more dangerous more difficult more popular easier more boring cheaper more relaxing more exciting
Now check (√) the true sentences. 1 This week’s match is more exciting than last week’s. 2 Tony played table tennis yesterday. 3 For Tony, playing tennis is more exciting than watching matches on TV. 4 Watching the Olympics on TV was more expensive than buying tickets for the games. 5 Going to the stadium was more difficult than staying at home. √ √ √
Complete the sentences with the words in the box. already hurt matter mind miss Olympics stadium 1. Why didn’t Tony score? What’s the ________ with him? 2. You lost the match? Never _______. Maybe you will win next time. matter mind
3. I am not good at tennis. I always ________ the ball. 4. The match began ten minutes ago and Spain is _________ winning. 5. The 2008 __________ were held in Beijing. miss already Olympics 6. Watching football at home is easier than going to the __________. 7. Tennis is a little dangerous because you may _______ you knee. stadium hurt
1. — How do you like your new job in the bank? — It’s _______. I do the same thing every day. A.interesting B. exciting (2012 辽宁丹东 ) A. C. surprising D. boring
2. Li Na won the first place in the final tennis game. Nobody else played _________! (2010 佛山 ) A. well B. better C. best 3. Of the two coats, she’d like to choose the _____ one to save money for a book. A.cheapest B. cheaper (2011 兰州 ) B. C. more expensive D. most expensive
4. After practicing for several months, I can swim much _____ now. (2011 温州 ) A. slower B. slowest C. faster D. fastest 5. — It’s so cold today. — Yes, it’s _______ colder than it was yesterday. (2011 浙江丽水 ) A. some B. more C. very D. much
6. — Which do you like ______, summer or winter? — I prefer summer. (2011 泰安 ) A. good B. well C. better D. best
8. I like drawing and I am good _____ it. A.in B. on C. at 9. That box is _______ than others. A. more heavier B. heavy C. much heavier
10. She is three years _______ than I am. A. oldB. more oldC. older 11. Lucy is very short, but she is ___ than her sister. A. shorter B. longer C. taller D. older 12. Sam is ____at Chinese than Jim. A. good B. well C. better D. gooder