Presentation on theme: "Work Shadowing Student Services Information Desk (SSiD)"— Presentation transcript:
Work Shadowing Student Services Information Desk (SSiD)
“I found work shadowing very helpful in giving me a better idea as to the whole student journey” Admissions “It was useful to see how your work interlinked with other departments and how much you do for past as well as current students” Library Services
We welcome colleagues from across the University to learn more about our procedures and how we can help you to help students.
Sessions are usually for two hours and introduce you to our main areas of operation - front desk, ‘enquiry hot desks’ and back office.
Main areas covered include:
1. Face-to-face enquiry handling
2. Enquiry handling by phone and Prospective students Current students Past students Use of the Ask Sheffield FAQ database
3. Document production: Proof of student status Academic transcripts Fee receipts Confirmation of degrees
4. Student welfare Short-term loans Access to Learning Fund Career Development Loans Council Tax Letters Bank Letters
5. International Student Support: Points Based System (PBS) Visa Extension Scheme CAS numbers
6. Academic support : Special circumstances Change of status Calculator and dictionary approval
7. Use of GRACE – our interactive student enquiry data base
8. Enquiry referral to other services and academic departments
Come and see SSiD in action for yourself. Contact Tim Cooper on or at