Presentation on theme: "Electromagnetism Quiz Review Mr. Davis Baltimore Poly."— Presentation transcript:
Electromagnetism Quiz Review Mr. Davis Baltimore Poly
1) Electricity can be generated by rotating a wire loop between the poles of a magnet. In which of the following positions would induce the greatest current in the loop? A. The plane of the loop is parallel to the magnetic field. B. The plane of the loop is perpendicular to the magnetic field. C. The plane of the loop makes an angle of 45° with the magnetic field. D. The induced current is the same in all positions.
2) In a transformer, the secondary loop has twice as many turns as the primary. If the alternating current in the primary loop is 2 A, what is the current in the secondary loop? A. 1 A B. 2 A C. 4 A D. It cannot be determined.
3) The voltage across the input terminals of a transformer is 110 V. The primary has 50 loops and the secondary has 120 loops. The output voltage of the transformer is A. 46 V. B. 55 V. C. 180 V. D. 264 V
4) A steady current, I, flows though a straight wire. A circular loop of wire is placed next to the wire. Which of the following will not produce an induced current in the loop? A. Move the loop away from the wire. B. Move the loop toward the wire. C. Increase the electric current in the wire. D. Decrease the electric current in the wire. E. Move the loop in parallel to the wire.
5) A bar magnet with the north pole faced downward is held above a horizontal circular coil. Which of the following statements about the induced current is true (viewed from above)? A. The induced current flows in a clockwise direction. B. The induced current flows in a counter-clockwise direction. C. The induced current flows first in a clockwise and then in a counter-clockwise direction. D. The induced current flows first in a counter-clockwise and then in a clockwise direction. E. There is no induced current in the coil.
6) A rectangular loop of wire with dimensions 0.2 m x 0.5 m is placed in a uniform magnetic field of magnitude 2 T. The magnetic field is perpendicular to the plane of the loop. What is the magnetic flux in the loop? A. 0.1 Tm 2 B. 0.2 Tm 2 C. 0.3 Tm 2 D. 0.4 Tm 2 E. 0.5 Tm 2
7) The magnetic flux through a wire loop in a magnetic field B does NOT depend on: A) The magnetic of the field B) The area of the loop C) The shape of the loop D) The angle between the loop and the direction of B
8) The emf produced in a wire by its motion across a magnetic field depends on the orientation of the wire. A) True B) False
9) The path of a charged particle moving parallel to a uniform magnetic field will be: A) Straight line B) Circle C) Ellipse D) Parabola
10) In a transformer, the primary coil has twice as many loops as the secondary coil. This is a _____ transformer. A) Step-down B) Reduction C) Induction D) Step-up E) Voltage
11) In a mass spectrometer, an ion will have a smaller radius for its circular path if: A) Its speed is greater B) Its charge is greater C) The magnetic field is weaker D) Its mass is greater