Presentation on theme: "Ultimate Fighting God’s Provisions – Part 2. “Anyone who witnesses to the grace of God revealed in Christ is undertaking direct assault against Satan’s."— Presentation transcript:
“taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one…"(Ephesians 6:15) This is not a small shield, but instead one that is large and rectangular in shape. Usually 4.5 ft by 2.5 ft and made of plank wood that was then covered in metal or leather, which would be treated to extinguish flaming arrows. - God’s Provisions - Part 2
Before SalvationAfter Salvation "Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you; and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith.“ (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2) "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,“ (Romans 4:5) "for we walk by faith, not by sight—“ (2 Corinthians 5:7)
- God’s Provisions - Part 2 Enables true salvation (Rom. 3:28) Helps the believer to overcome the world (1 John 5:4) Protects from doubt (Heb. 11:1) Provides confidence in God (Rev. 22:6) Enables us to please God (Heb. 11:6)
“And take the helmet of salvation, …"(Ephesians 6:17) In Paul’s day, helmets were made out of two things: solid-cast metal or leather with patches of metal. Its primary purpose was to ward off blows from a broadsword. - God’s Provisions - Part 2
Before SalvationAfter Salvation "Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.“ (Ephesians 2:3) "But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,“ (Ephesians 2:4-6)
- God’s Provisions - Part 2 Enables freedom from the present power of sin in the flesh and world (Rom. 6:11-14) Keeps us focused on the glory that is to come and that salvation brings (Rom. 8:18) We are no longer slaves of sin and of the enemy (2 Tim. 2:26)
“and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."(Ephesians 6:17) There were two possible swords that a soldier could use. One was a rhomphaia, which was a large style of broadsword. The other was a machaira, which was a smaller, shorter sword or dagger that was used more for infighting. The sword referenced in this passage is the machaira. - God’s Provisions - Part 2
Before SalvationAfter Salvation " For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing…“ (1 Corinthians 1:18) “but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.“ (1 Corinthians 1:18)
- God’s Provisions - Part 2 Source of truth that defeats the enemy’s lies (Matt. 4; Luke 4) Keeps the heart from sin (Ps. 119:11) Trains the saints in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16-17) Able to correctly judge the thoughts and intentions of each heart (Heb. 4:12) Helps the believer discern between the truly saved and the truly lost (John 8:47) Makes the saint effective in evangelism (Is. 55:11)
- God’s Provisions - Part 2 Truth is that which corresponds to reality; reality as seen through the eyes of God. The quality or characteristic of upright behavior, uprightness as given to the believer by Christ. A firm foundation of surefootedness; peace with God via the Gospel Faith is a confidence of God and a trust in God. Sanctification (present) and glorification (future) of the believer. A thorough knowledge and practice of God’s Word.
- God’s Provisions - Part 2 “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."(John 14:6) “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ…” (Romans 13:14) “In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell securely; And this is His name by which He will be called, ‘The Lord our righteousness.’"(Jeremiah 23:6) "He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God."(Revelation 19:13) "The Lord is my strength and my shield; (Psalm 28:7) "For He Himself is our peace"(Ephesians 2:14) “She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”(Matthew 1:21)
- God’s Provisions – Part 2 "With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,“ (Ephesians 6:18)
- God’s Provisions – Part 2 1. You are pursuing spiritual growth 2. You are invading enemy territory 3. You are exposing the enemy 4. You are breaking with the world 5. You have blessings coming from God - Chip Ingram
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.