3The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:36-44to a place called Gethsemane,"My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me."39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."
4The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:36-4441 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done."44 So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
5The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane Luke 22:43-44Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground
6The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane 1 Peter 4:7 be serious and watchful in your prayers.Ephesians 6:18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful
7The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane 1 Peter 5:7casting all your care upon Him,for He cares for you.
8The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane 1 John 5:14-15Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
9The Prayer In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:45-46Then He came to His disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand."
10. The Betrayal In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:47-48 And while He was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came from the chief priests and elders of the people. 48 Now His betrayer had given them a sign, saying, "Whomever I kiss, He is the One; seize Him."
11. The Betrayal In The Garden Of Gethsemane John 18:4-9 Jesus therefore, knowing all the things that were coming upon him, went forth, and saith unto them, Whom seek ye? 5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am (he). And Judas also, who betrayed him, was standing with them. 6 When therefore he said unto them, I am (he), they went backward, and fell to the ground. ASV
12. The Betrayal In The Garden Of Gethsemane Exodus 3:14And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
13. The Betrayal In The Garden Of Gethsemane John 6:48 I am the bread of life. NKJVJohn 8:58 before Abraham was, I AM.“John 9:5 I am the light of the world."
14. The Betrayal In The Garden Of Gethsemane John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd.John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches
15. The Betrayal In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:49-50Immediately he went up to Jesus and said, "Greetings, Rabbi!" and kissed Him. 50 But Jesus said to him, "Friend, why have you come?" Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him.Luke 22:48 But Jesus said to him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"
16The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:51-54And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.John 18:10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
17The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:51-5452 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels? 54 How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?"
18The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane John 18:11So Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?"
19The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane John 10:17-18"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
20The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane Luke 22:5151 But Jesus answered and said, "Permit even this." And He touched his ear and healed him.
21The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane Matthew 26:55-56 In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, "Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me. 56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled." Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.
22The Arrest In The Garden Of Gethsemane Luke 22:53When I was with you daily in the temple, you did not try to seize Me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness."