Presentation on theme: "Jesus, the Pattern of Sanctification 耶穌成聖模範 成聖系列 Sanctification series No. 6 羅馬書 Romans 8:29-30."— Presentation transcript:
Jesus, the Pattern of Sanctification 耶穌成聖模範 成聖系列 Sanctification series No. 6 羅馬書 Romans 8:29-30
I. Introduction Relevance of the sanctification series in relations to our annual theme: Humility – State of humbleness Return – Tracking back to the right path Prayers – The discipline and practice Revival – the result: spiritual revitalization What is a pattern?
Pattern: (from MWD) A form or model proposed for imitation Thanksgiving Turkey
Pattern: (from MWD) A reliable sample of traits, acts, tendencies, or other observable characteristics of a person, group, or institution The Lord said, “ Be ye holy, for I am holy” How? What? Is there a model to follow? Jesus Christ is our pattern and the means of our sanctification
II. Scripture Reading Rom 8:29-30 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that the Son might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined, he also called; and those whom he called, he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified. 因為他預先所知道的人，就預先定下效法他兒子 的模樣，使他兒子在許多弟兄中作長子。 預先所 定下的人又召他們來；所召來的人又稱他們為義； 所稱為義的人又叫他們得榮耀。
III. Message Christ, our Exposition of the Scripture
1. Christ, His Son is given for you You are the elect God gives His son, shows you His love For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
2. Christ, our Pattern for Sanctification Christ is the one and the only true image of God 2Co 4:4 …Christ, who is the image of God … 基 督本是神的像。 God is invisible. Yet God's essence, works and character is entirely contained in Christ. Christ is the reliable sample of traits, acts, tendencies, or other observable characteristics of God.
2. Christ, our Pattern for Sanctification Joh 1:16-18 And out of His fullness we all have received, and grace for grace. (17) For the Law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (18) No one has seen God at any time; the Only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. 從他豐滿的恩典裡，我們都領受了，而且恩上加 恩。 (17) 律法本是藉著摩西傳的；恩典和真理 都是由耶穌基督來的。 (18) 從來沒有人看見神， 只有在父懷裡的獨生子將他表明出來。 Grace: Our justification and faith Truth: Spiritual and universe reality
2. Christ, our Pattern for Sanctification Joh 14:6-9 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me. (7) If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. And from now on you know Him and have seen Him. (8) Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. (9) Jesus said to him, Have I been with you such a long time and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. And how do you say, Show us the Father? 耶穌說「我就是道路、真理、生命；若不藉著我， 沒有人能到父那裡去。 (7) 你們若認識我，也就認識我 的父。從今以後，你們認識他，並且已經看見他。」 (8) 腓力對他說：「求主將父顯給我們看，我們就知足了。」 (9) 耶穌對他說：「腓力，我與你們同在這樣長久，你還 不認識我嗎？人看見了我，就是看見了父；你怎麼說 『將父顯給我們看』呢？
3. Christ is the First Born Col 1:15-18 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. (16) For by him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether they are kings, lords, rulers, or powers. All things have been created through him and for him. (17) He himself existed before anything else did, and he holds all things together. (18) He is also the head of the body, which is the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he himself might have first place in everything. 愛子是那不能看見之神的像，是首生的，在一切被造的 以先。 (16) 因為萬有都是靠他造的，無論是天上的， 地上的；能看見的，不能看見的；或是有位的，主治的， 執政的，掌權的；一概都是藉著他造的，又是為他造的。 (17) 他在萬有之先；萬有也靠他而立。 (18) 他也是教 會全體之首。他是元始，是從死裡首先復生的，使他可 以在凡事上居首位。
3. Christ is the First Born Christ reveals God the Father, and is our reason, model and cause for sanctification First to resurrect – first in Life. First in honor and power First as the head of the church First in everything
4. Christ is our righteousness and glory 2Co 3:18 But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit. 我們眾人既然敞著臉得以看見主的榮光，好像從鏡子裡 反照，就變成主的形狀，榮上加榮，如同從主的靈變成 的。 We are transformed in Christ in righteousness and glory. When we see the Glory of God, who is Christ. When we follow Christ, it is like looking into a mirror, seeing not ourselves but Christ. Through Christ are transformed restored in the true image of God, which is God's glory! God is perfect and Jesus has perfectly revealed God, so if we are to follow Jesus, we may become perfect like God.
III. Applications Humbleness: Obedience to God Conform to Christ Mat 11:29 Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls. 我心裡柔和謙卑，你們當負我的軛，學我 的樣式；這樣，你們心裡就必得享安息。 Jesus' Pattern Gentle and humble spirit – obedience! Bear JC's yoke - do His work, follow his foot steps Learn of Jesus – His works and His teachings Result: Find rest for your souls.
III. Applications Let God be the First in our lives. Human heart is extremely shallow, distrusting, selfish and rebellious. Give God the honor, power, respect, and love that He deserves. Have mind of Christ – humbleness = obedience to God Php 2:5-9 For let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, (6) who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, (7) but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. (8) And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (9) Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name… 你們當以基督耶穌的心為心： (6) 他本有神的形像，不以自己 與神同等為強奪的； (7) 反倒虛己，取了奴僕的形像，成為人 的樣式； (8) 既有人的樣子，就自己卑微，存心順服，以至於 死，且死在十字架上。 (9) 所以，神將他升為至高，又賜給他 那超乎萬名之上的名，
IV. Conclusion Election => [Christ] => Glorification Christ is the way, the truth, life to our sanctification and glorification. Christ is our pattern or example of sanctification Christ's humbleness before the Lord, which is obedience to God, is sanctifying.