Presentation on theme: " up to 17 years worth of back issues AS/A Level specific content specially written articles by experts in the field to stretch and challenge students’"— Presentation transcript:
up to 17 years worth of back issues AS/A Level specific content specially written articles by experts in the field to stretch and challenge students’ knowledge, adding depth and breadth to each topic they study.
Schemes of work and lesson preparation. Researching specific topics. Revision and extension work.
◦ The archive is fully searchable, by title or keyword ◦ Articles are easy to print ◦ Teachers’ notes, topic extensions and links to useful websites are provided in some issues ◦ Editors’ blogs provide additional discussion and analysis ◦ The online ‘Toolbox’ allows users to annotate the content ◦ Audio linking, recording and annotation available via ‘Audacity’ (Open Source Audio Editor) ◦ The Archive is updated every September
Free additional digital resources are added to each issue of every magazine published over the past three years to support both teachers and students. The resources include: ◦ Case studies to support research tasks. ◦ Exam links to mark schemes to help assess answers. ◦ Live links to all websites mentioned in the issue. ◦ Worksheets. ◦ Revision exercises.
A-Z Handbooks Online provides expert advice from leading authors and examiners in 14 subjects to help familiarise students with all the key terms they need to know and to help them get the best grades.
◦ For new students to the subject – terms and concepts clearly explained. ◦ Throughout the course – full explanations of important and challenging concepts that will help students tackle course assignments with confidence. ◦ For focused exam revision – detailed revision lists for each exam board and invaluable advice from leading examiners.
◦ Accounting – Ian Harrison ◦ Biology – Bill Indge ◦ Business Studies – Ian Marcousé, David Lines and Barry Martin ◦ Chemistry – Andrew Hunt ◦ Economics – Nancy Wall ◦ Economics and Business – Nancy Wall, David Lines, Ian Marcousé and Barry ◦ Martin ◦ Geography – Malcolm Skinner, David Redfern and Geoff Farmer ◦ Health and Social Care – Judy Richards and Sue Ford ◦ Law – Jacqueline Martin and Mary Gibbins ◦ Physical Education – Rob James, Graham Thompson and Nesta Wiggins-James ◦ Physics – David Sang and Mike Chapple ◦ Politics – Paul Fairclough and Eric Magee ◦ Psychology – Mike Cardwell ◦ Sociology – Tony Lawson and Joan Garrod
◦ Includes definitions of over 2500 essential terms per handbook. ◦ Offers expert advice from examiners on how to get an A* grade. ◦ Each subject handbook includes detailed revision lists for each exam board and invaluable advice from leading examiners. ◦ Examiner advice on using terms correctly and revising successfully.
◦ Provides full search facility of all terms across the range of handbooks. ◦ Each entry begins with a clear definition, followed by an explanation and, where relevant, worked examples and cross-references to other key terms. ◦ The more important the term, the more detailed the entry. ◦ Includes printable exam board-specific key term revision lists. ◦ Allows users to create a library to store and print definitions of their favourite key terms.