1. Why did I q _ _ _ hunting? 2. I used to be c _ _ _ _ about the hunting season. 3. I picked up my thermos and the w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ for the sandwiches. 4. I went up into the hills, heading for a well-used deer t _ _ _ _. uit razy rapp ing rai l
5. Sometimes I just can’t help admiring the ________ (beautiful) of nature. 6.The news caused great ________ (excite) among her friends. 7. And the ______ (silent) is like that of a church. 8. Successful language learners are learners with a ________ (purposefully). beauty excitement silence purpose
9. I turned over a few rocks to clear the snow and settled down behind a little ______ (a small rough trees). 10. There’s a thrill in hunting, an excitement that comes over you when a deer ________ (to move violently and noisily) out of the bush. 11. Just as when a friendly ______ (a baby dog) comes near you, I reached up and scratched his head. bush crashes puppy
热衷于 … be crazy about 朝 … 进发 head for settle down 定居, 安顿下来 深秋 late in the fall 翻动 turn over 正在壮年, 风华正茂 in one’s prime
朝 … 径直走来 walk right up to 炫耀, 卖弄 show off 放弃做 … quit doing 透过 filter through 拨弄, 翻弄 poke at 一定已经做了 … must have done
急不可耐, 等不及 刚刚落下的白雪 冲出来 最后一次 捡起, 拿起 pick up can hardly wait fresh-fallen snow crash out of the last time 抓他的头 scratch his head
be crazy about head for settle down late in the fall turn over in one’s prime walk right up to show off quit doing filter through poke at must have done scratch his head can hardly wait fresh-fallen snow crash out of the last time pick up 热衷于 … 朝 … 进发 定居, 安顿下来 深秋 正在壮年, 风华正茂 翻动 朝 … 径直走来 炫耀, 卖弄 放弃做 … 透过 拨弄, 翻弄 一定已经做了 … 急不可耐, 等不及 刚刚落下的白雪 冲出来 最后一次 抓他的头 捡起, 拿起
Complete the sentences with the phrases we have reviewed. 1.The best time to visit Nanjing is _____________ when all the trees turn golden. 2. _____________, Jordan used to score 55 in one game. 3. The doctor told the nurse to __________ the patient several times a day for the purpose of a quicker recovery. late in the fall In his prime turn over
4. When he ___________ in Singapore, Yu Dafu didn’t write any novels. 5. After the phone had rung twice, Joyce ________ it ________ and said hello. 6. Many girls in that city ______________ Pu Bajia, the winner of China “Lycra, Hero”. 7. Sunshine ______________ the curtains. settled down are crazy about filtered through 8. I watched her get smaller and smaller, then turned and ___________the shore. pickedup headed for
1. 我想知道为什么那么多学生对电子游戏着迷. (crazy) 2. 他很想知道我为什么一直往门外看.(curious) 3. 既然路是湿的, 昨天晚上肯定下雨了.(must have done) 4.Mary 一边思索一边挠头, 弄不清接下来她该干什 么.(scratch) 5. 每当一想到那次事故经历, 他就不寒而栗.(tremble) 6. 我走到井博然面前, 跟他要他的亲笔签名.(walk right up to, autograph( 亲笔签名 ) ) 7. 那次车祸受伤后他放弃了开车.(quit) 8. 我最后一次见到他时, 他已经病得不能走路了.(the last time)
Keys 1.I wonder why so many students are crazy about playing video games. 3. Since the road is wet, it must have rained last night. 5. He trembled each time he thought of the accident. 1. 我想知道为什么那么多学生对电子游戏着迷. (crazy) 3. 既然路是湿的, 昨天晚上肯定下雨了.(must have done) 5. 每当一想到那次事故经历, 他就不寒而栗.(tremble)
7. 那次车祸受伤后他放弃了开车.(quit) 7.He quitted driving after he was injured in the traffic accident. 2. 他很想知道我为什么一直往门外看.(curious) 2.He was curious to know why I kept looking out of the window. 4.Mary 一边思索一边挠头, 弄不清接下来她该干什 么.(scratch) 4.Mary scratched her head thoughtfully and wondered what she should do next.
6. 我走到井博然面前, 跟他要他的亲笔签名.(walk right up to, autograph( 亲笔签名 ) ) 6.I walked right up to Jing Boran and asked him for his autograph. 8. 我最后一次见到他时, 他已经病得不能走路了.(the last time) 8.The last time I saw him he was already too sick to walk.
The future of these marine mammals ( 哺乳动物 ) is in danger. Amongst the many threads to dolphins are environmental pollution, noise pollution, habitat destruction and over fishing, many dolphins die after becoming tangled ( 缠结, 纠缠 ) in fishing nets, or cannot find enough food because of over fishing.
In order to protect our ocean friends from dying out, the United Nations Environment Programme declared 2007 the Year of the Dolphin. Many countries are building a strong alliance ( 联盟 ) to achieve a common goal: to protect wild dolphins and create an ocean home that is safe for them.
Suppose you are the members of the “Animal Protecting Organization”, can you give some suggestions on how to protect animals?