Presentation on theme: "Steps to Breakthrough 2 Samuel 5:20, 1 Samuel 17:1-50."— Presentation transcript:
Steps to Breakthrough 2 Samuel 5:20, 1 Samuel 17:1-50
Even though the life of the Christian is a life of constant warfare (2 Cor. 10:3, 2 Cor. 2:14) Jesus has won the victory for us on the cross (John 16:33) We fight from the position of victors (1 John 5:4) But the devil will not go down without a fight (John 10:10) Hence the constant warfare against the Christian in areas of health, finances, peace, joy, marriage, children, etc How do we breakthrough each time the devil attacks us? The story of the life of David was a story of a man who spent most of his life fighting a form of the enemy or the other, but he was always victorious. How did he breakthrough each time?
1. Know Who You Are 1 Samuel 17:4, 2 Samuel 5:17 The enemy was identified as the champion Do not allow the situation to define who you are (1 Sam. 17: 8) Because the Israelites did not know who they were, they were afraid of the enemy (1 Sam. 17:11) You are a conqueror in Jesus Christ (Romans 8:37) Greater is He that is in You (1 John 4:4) Remind him of who you are, declare your righteousness in God (1 Sam. 17: 26)
2. Turn to the Stronghold Turn away from discouragement (1 Sam. 17: 30) You may need to turn away from your immediate circle of influence Turn to the Word of God which can encourage you and give you boldness (2 Sam. 5:17, 1 Sam. 30:6) Confess the Word of faith. (1 Sam. 17:25, 11) Let the enemy hear your voice (Micah 6:1)
3. Testify! Remember past breakthroughs and testify about them (1 Sam 17: 34-37) Testimonies of past breakthroughs keeps you focussed on God and not on the problem Testimony gives praises to God and God enthrones Himself in praises Testimony allows you to see the battle as the Lord’s and God never loses a battle!
4. Get Your Own Suit Don’t depend on anybody’s armor (vs. 39b-40) Get the complete armor of God (Ephesians 6:10- 18) Use the Name of Jesus (Philippians 2:9-11) Know that the enemy is not all that smart (1 Sam. 17:41)
5. Have the Last Word Tell the devil what you will do to him (1 Sam. 17:46-47) This gives confidence that you are greater than him Don’t allow him to have the last word (Matt. 4:10-11) Don’t negotiate with the devil!
6. Give God the Glory! Go back to praise the Lord Never try to share His glory with anyone No man on earth can share His glory Praise Him
Prayers 1.Mark 16:3-4 Father, roll away every stone that is blocking my breakthroughs in Jesus Name 2. Luke 24:5-6 I declare that by the power of the resurrection of my Lord, every dead situation in my life, rise now in Jesus Name.
Confession From today, I walk in understanding and operate as an overcomer in this world. By revelation of the Word, in gain mastery over death, sickness, disease and poverty and live to fulfill my purpose on this earth in Jesus name. I live to a ripe full age according to the Abrahamic covenant in Christ Jesus. My strength will not diminish; as my days so shall my strength increase! I will go to the grave at a full age like a shock of corn ripe in its season according to Job 5:26 in Jesus Name! Amen