Presentation on theme: "L ORD, I lift my soul to thee, O my God, I trust thy might; let not foes exult o’er me, shame me not before their sight. Yea, may none be put to shame,"— Presentation transcript:
L ORD, I lift my soul to thee, O my God, I trust thy might; let not foes exult o’er me, shame me not before their sight. Yea, may none be put to shame, none who wait for thee to bless; but dishonoured be their name who without a cause transgress. [Sing to the Lord 25]
2. L ORD, to me thy ways make known, guide in truth and teach thou me; thou my Saviour art alone, all the day I wait for thee. L ORD, remember in thy love all thy mercies manifold, tender mercies from above, changeless from the days of old.
3. Sins of youth remember not, nor my trespasses record; let not mercy be forgot, for thy goodness’ sake, O L ORD. Just and good the L ORD abides, he his way will sinners show, he the meek in justice guides, making them his way to know.
4. Grace and truth shall mark the way where the L ORD his own will lead, if his word they still obey and his testimonies heed. For thy name’s sake hear thou me, for thy mercy, L ORD, I wait; pardon mine iniquity, for my sin is very great.
5. He who walks in godly fear in the path of truth shall go; peace shall be his portion here, and his sons all good shall know. They that fear and love the L ORD shall his faithful friendship know; he will grace to them accord, and his faithful cov’nant show.
6. Ever are my longing eyes on the L ORD, whose watchful care, when my foes their plots devise, keeps my feet from ev’ry snare. Turn to me, thy grace impart, I am desolate indeed; great the troubles of my heart; save thou me, O L ORD, I plead.
7. Look on mine afflicted state, freely all my sins forgive; mark my foes, their cruel hate; keep my soul and let me live. Shame me not; I hide in thee; truth and right preserve me still; mark thy people, L ORD my God, save thou them from ev’ry ill. Sing to the Lord 25 Public domain Text: Psalter Hymnal, 1957 Tune: Caradog Roberts, 1878–1935