Presentation on theme: "Rules of the red rubber ball Credit: Kevin Carroll What fuels U?"— Presentation transcript:
Rules of the red rubber ball Credit: Kevin Carroll What fuels U?
Activity 1 1.What do you do for free? 2.What activities enthrall you? 3.What is your primal source of joy? 4.What topics do you love to discuss & ponder? 5.What dreams do you chase? 6.What in life do you find irresistible, a source of inspiration, a reason to get out of bed?
In a nutshell, What inspires you daily?
What is the Red Rubber Ball Significance: 1.It’s what grabs you by the soul 2.It’s what captures your imagination 3.It’s what you do when nobody tells you what to do 4.It’s what you dream(if you let it)…it can be your life’s work.
Finding your RRB is only half the battle, the other half is following it. You ask: HOW? Answer: with courage, strength & imagination
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 1. Commit to it stay motivated decision making underailed despite adversity,discouragement and doubts *pg 51
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 2. seek out encouragers (nurture right relationships) People: genuine interest, appreciative, cheerleader, guider, challenger *pg 58-60
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 3. work our your creative muscle Constant,daily nourishment Expect roadblocks Unroutinise your routines Uncomfortable situations Approach with wonder, not assumptions * pg 66-67
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 4. Prepare(,) to shine Do lonely,unglamorous,behind the scene work, that nobody tells you to do and that no one will notice Study/Learn from role models * pg 71-73
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 5. Speak Up(Right) Challenge boundaries Take calculated risks Alter course(if need be) *pg 78-83
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 6. Expect the unexpected Anticipate awry Coincidence -Preparedness Faith *pg 86-89
7. Guidelines to developing C.S.I. 7. Maximise the day Common/unavoidable-bad days Exercise listening, learning, preparing, acting moments of teachability end of day *pg Meilian 2010