Presentation on theme: "Top 10 things to see in Israel By: Bri Larcom. 10. Bahia Gardens and the surrounding Haifa area. The Bahia Gardens are one of the most beautiful gardens."— Presentation transcript:
Top 10 things to see in Israel By: Bri Larcom
10. Bahia Gardens and the surrounding Haifa area. The Bahia Gardens are one of the most beautiful gardens in the whole world. The surrounding Haifa area has museums, cafes, and a great artist colony.
The name literally means “Fortress of the People.” It sits on the border of Israel and Lebanon. This place has beautiful orchards. It was founded in 1945 by Holocaust survivor Dr. Reuven Moskowitz. Misgav Am is known for having friendly relations with the Lebanese citizens- despite the shaky relations between the two countries. 9. Kibbutz Misgav Am.
8. Latrun This is a hill top battle site which is now a tank museum and hosts many army functions. It has a lot of biblical history. In the past it was once used as a fortress by the Maccabees to launch a sneak attack against the Greeks. Also in 1948 it was used as a battle ground in the Independence war.
7. The Dead Sea If you have a wound or just want to relax the dead sea is the best place for it. As you float in the dead sea, you’ll see a pool of oil around you. That’s the oil being cleansed from your body. You can’t dive into the sea because the salt levels are really high. Even fish can’t live in the dead sea because of this.
6. Yotvata About half hour outside of Eilat is the Yotvata kibbutz and adjoining dairy store. Yotvata produces an endless amount of goodies. Which are all available in their store.
5. Jerusalem There’s so many things to see in Jerusalem. Including The Church of Holy Sepulchre, The Mount of Olives, The Garden of Gethsemane, and so much more.
4. Herzliya Herzliya not only has the best beaches in Israel but they also boast for having one of the best marinas in Israel. There’s also tons of cafes, restaurants, and shops.
3. Tel Aviv-Yafo Maccabi Tel Aviv is a great place to watch a basketball game. Yafo is known for really good seafood but, it’s also a great place to go walking through the artist colony. Both areas are a great place to go exploring.
2. The Sea of Galilee If you want to see the place where Jesus walked on water, this is it. It’s by a city called Tiberais. The city boast of having really good fishing and swimming opportunities.
1. Nahriya This city was almost destroyed by rockets during the second Lebanese war but, has made a huge combat in a short amount of time. It used to be an agriculture spot but quickly turned into tourist spot. There’s beaches, parks, shops, a small marina, and a lot more.