Presentation on theme: "Proverbs Edition By Emily Argabright. 1. Tomorrow makes known to us what tomorrow will bring. Is the meaning? A. We should deal with our problems a day."— Presentation transcript:
Proverbs Edition By Emily Argabright
1. Tomorrow makes known to us what tomorrow will bring. Is the meaning? A. We should deal with our problems a day at a time. B. One should not sit around guessing what tomorrow will bring when you will know tomorrow.
2. Do not boast about yourself before performing an event, but after the event Is the meaning? A. People look highly upon others who boast about prior achievements. B. You don’t know what tomorrow brings and how it will affect your situation so you must be prepared for failure.
3. A tree is known by its fruit. Is the meaning? A. People will know you for past accomplishments and good doings. B. Personal possessions are what people are judged on in society.
4. One who enters the forest does not listen to the breaking of the twigs in the brush. Is the meaning? A. People often ignore the way they are hurting nature. B. While focusing on a task at hand one must not get distracted.
5. The bush in which you hide has eyes A. Make sure you hide your secrets so they are not exposed. People often see your insecurities if you wear a false mask.
6. Great fires erupt from tiny sparks Is the meaning? A. Make sure to be precautious when dealing with fire and putting it out. B. Big quarrels often arouse from small arguments that could be easily settled.
7. A deaf ear is followed by death and an ear that listens is followed by blessings Is the meaning? A. Good things come to those who listen. B. Those who are stubborn when listening to elders will end up physically punished.
8. A debt is not a loss once one knows the debtor Is the meaning? A. When one is generous to a fellow friend no one loses. B. Once one knows where to collect his money he must have faith in that person to repay him.
Scoring System All proverbs are worth twenty points. When stolen from, they are then worth ten points.