Presentation on theme: "The Presentation!!. Time 5 minutes for your set-up and for your committee to look at your finished portfolio 10 minutes for your speech 8-10 minutes."— Presentation transcript:
Time 5 minutes for your set-up and for your committee to look at your finished portfolio 10 minutes for your speech 8-10 minutes in length falls within Outstanding category 6-8 minutes in length falls within Commendable category 4-6 minutes in length falls within Acceptable category
Time (continued) Presentations less than 4 minutes Unacceptable More than 10 minutes evaluators will end presentation and evaluate accordingly (This does not guarantee the above ratings, as all components will be evaluated together.) 5 minutes for you to answer any questions from your committee
1. Introduction Introduce yourself by greeting your committee and telling them your name. Then briefly include any information about yourself that you want the committee to know, for example: How long you’ve been at North Activities at North that you have been involved in What you are currently planning to do after graduation
2. Past/Background Explain how you became involved in this project. Consider: Have particular experiences in your life contributed to this area of interest? Have you taken courses that have allowed you to pursue this interest? Have any extracurricular activities or hobbies allowed you to pursue this interest? Has there been any particular person (parent, teacher, coach, minister, employer, club leader, etc.) who encouraged your interest?
3. Present/Information about your Project How has it caused you to grow as a person? What was exciting to you about doing this project? Of what are you especially proud in regards to this assignment? Would you recommend this area of interest to another student?
3. Present/Information about your Project Why/How did you choose this Project? What are the steps that you went through to accomplish this task? What new awareness did you learn from doing this project?
4. Future How will this project affect your future? Will you continue to do any additional activities relating to your project? End your presentation by saying. Thank You! Do you have any questions?
Dress Dress Nice!! First Impressions are extremely important!! Show confidence by smiling at your audience Stand up straight. Don’t lean on podium. Check yourself in the mirror Stay Positive – even if your project didn’t go as planned
Eye Contact People in your audience will feel that you have genuinely connected with them and that you care about their reaction. Eye should be short (no staring) Make eye contact with everyone Smile at them!
Tell a Story Tell us what you did Tell us what you learned Tell us what went wrong Tell us what went right
Advice Shake hands with the judges as you walk in and introduce yourself Use note cards 4 bullet pts. per page PRACTICE!