Presentation on theme: "Grace Fellowship Church Pastor/Teacher - Jim Rickard Sunday, February 27, 2011 www.GraceDoctrine.org."— Presentation transcript:
Grace Fellowship Church Pastor/Teacher - Jim Rickard Sunday, February 27, 2011
John 16:5-6 Emotional Revolt of the Soul.
John 16:5, “But now I (Jesus) am going to Him (God the Father) who sent Me, and yet not one of you (the disciples) asks Me, ‘Where are you going?’”
John 16:6, “But because I have said (taught) to you all these things, sorrow (inward stress) has completely filled your heart (right lobe of the soul).”
The Doctrine of Emotional Revolt of the Soul.
B. Emotional Revolt of the Soul.
9. The OSN works in conjunction with your Emotions to motivate your emotions to revolt against the right lobe of your soul and deceive the heart.
Asceticism (Legalistic) Lasciviousness (Ultra loose living) OldSinNature Strength (Human Good) Weakness (Personal sins) Immoral Human Good “ends justify the means” Moral Human Good “means justify the ends” Immoral Sin and Evil Approbation Sin and Evil “going along with the crowd”
10. Emotion becomes the god of the believer in E.R.S. Phil 3:18-19
11. Believers who live by their emotions are believers whose E.R.S. has produced chaos of the soul. Their emotion is now the aggressor.
12. The arrogant bel. who depends on emotional activity assumes that his personal feelings and experiences are greater than the PMA of Bible doctrine. Psa 12:2-3; Ezek 12:24-25; Rom 16:18; 2 Tim 4:3; 1 Thes 2:5-8; Jude 1:16
C. Stage Four of Reversionism is Emotional Revolt of the Soul (E.R.S.)
1. The eight stages of reversionism include:
1. The eight stages of reversionism include: a. Reaction and distraction. b. The frantic search for happiness. c. Operation boomerang.
d. Emotional revolt of the soul. e. The status of locked in negative volition. f. Blackout of the soul. g. Scar tissue of the soul.
h. Reverse process reversionism. (The status of lost spiritual priorities and values; they are completely reversed.)
2. E.R.S. is the stage by which we move away from the reality of: spiritual things, grace, Divine power, and B.D. circulating in the heart.
3. This is the reaction to operation boomerang. Since the frantic search for happiness adds up to more stress in the soul, E.R.S. occurs.
4. Since happiness cannot exist for the believer apart from doctrine circulating in the heart and…
… since the frantic search for happiness increases stress, sin nature control, and subsequent frustration; E.R.S. is inevitable.
5. E.R.S. includes what psychology calls hysteria and other emotional problems. It is composed of several factors.
Grace Fellowship Church Sunday, February 27, 2011 Tape # Emotional Revolt of the Soul The Emotions Upper Room Discourse, Part 476 John 16:6; Gen 1:26-27; 3:6-10; Rom 16:17-20; Phil 3:15-21 James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2011