Presentation on theme: "District of Dzierżoniów The District of Dzierżoniów is situated in Lower Silesia approximately 50 km southwest of Wrocław and stretches across part of."— Presentation transcript:
District of Dzierżoniów The District of Dzierżoniów is situated in Lower Silesia approximately 50 km southwest of Wrocław and stretches across part of the Sudety Foreland, admist The Ślęża Mountain Range, The Niemcza Hills and the northeastern slopes of The Sowie Mountains.
Towns and communes in the district of Dzierżoniów There are following towns and communes in the district of Dzierżoniów: 1.Town Dzierżoniów 2.Commune Dzierżoniów 3.Town Bielawa 4.Town and commune Pieszyce 5.Town Piława Górna 6.Town and commune Niemcza 7. Commune Łagiewniki.
TOWN AND COMMUNE PIESZYCE TOWN BIELAWA TOWN AND COMMUNE PIŁAWA GÓRNA TOWN DZIERŻONIÓW COMMUNE DZIERŻONIÓW COMMUNE ŁAGIEWNIKI TOWN AND COMMUNE NIEMCZA
Important information about our district Capital: Dzierżoniów Population: about Area: 478,34 km 2 Geographical situation: 16°35' E - 50°43' N The website of the district of Dzierżoniow: The district of Dzierżoniów flag
History Archeologists have found many traces of man’s early activities in the region of Dzierżoniów. There is a stone worship embankment on Radunia hill (X-IX century BC – Lusatian Culture). Another atraction of the region is Niemcza – a town situated along the ancient amber trade route. In the X century it was a huge stronghold castle, the capital of the region. The still existing settlement pattern within the country was formed in the Middle Ages.
First towns and villages The fortified settlement of the Ślężanie were first founded, then from XII-XIII century onward the Silesian dukes initiated urban colonization based on the Magdeburg Law. Dzierżoniów received the town charter in the first half of the XIII century and Niemcza in Origins of Mościsko, Owiesno, Bielawa, Pieszyce, Łagiewniki and Piława go back to the 13th and 14th centuries. Over the centuries the history of this area was as complicated as the history of Lower Silesia.
Complicated history In 1392 the present day Dzierżoniów region passed from the under the region of the Salesian Piast dynasty to the Czech dynasty rule. From 1526 the Dzierżoniów region became part of the Hubsbergian (Austrian) Monarchy. After 1740 Prussia annexed this territory as a result of succession claims and Silesian Wars. In 1871 the region became a part of united Germany. Since 1945, following international treaties Silesia has become part of Poland again.
Ups and downs Out of the many wars which swept through the region the Hussite Wars of XV century and especially the so called Thirty Years War ( ) made life a misery for the local inhabitants. The Golden Age of the region flourished in the XVI century with its dynamic developement of craftsmanship mainly of the textile industry.
Touristic atractions Today there are many interesting and worthseeing places in our district: -Beautiful mountains ((The Sowie Mountains) with view towers on the tops and ski lifts and ski routes -Old towns with lots of monuments -Botanical Garden in Wojsławice from XIX century -Health Resort in Przerzeczyn Zdrój -Swimming pools and sports centres -Many agrotouristic farms -Numerous tourist routes
Made by: Szymon Cz. Mikołaj Kopernik Primary School nr 9 in Dzierżoniów WELCOME TO EUROPE eTwinning project Dzierżoniów, 2008