Presentation on theme: "Unique Ever-changing Situationally-determined Continuous Invariant"— Presentation transcript:
1Unique Ever-changing Situationally-determined Continuous Invariant 1) According to the text, a key aspect of personality is its _____ quality.UniqueEver-changingSituationally-determinedContinuousInvariant
22) _____ is defined as the unique qualities and distinctive behavior patterns of an individual across time and situations.Genetic makeupPsychopathologyPersonalitySocial historyPsychic determinism
33) Psychodynamic psychologists focus on: The good in all peopleThe future.Learning through rewards and punishments.Unconscious motives.Our social environment.
44) According to Freud, our unconscious holds mostly: Images and thoughts from the previous day.Threatening and anxiety-provoking contents.Ideas about what we would do in the future.Information regarding rewards we have received in the past.Information about our culture and religion.
5Id. Ego. Superego. Defense mechanisms. Instincts. 5) A Freudian psychoanalyst would interpret a client’s impulsive need for immediate gratification as due to forces from the:Id.Ego.Superego.Defense mechanisms.Instincts.
66) The ____ is the unconscious part of a personality, whereas the _____ acts as our conscience. Ego; superegoSuperego; egoId; superegoEgo; idDefense mechanism; ego
77) Alice is on a diet and, while at an ice cream shop with some of her friends, feels conflicted about what she should order. Her ____ tells her to get a banana split, her ____ tells her to get a glass of water, and her _____ tells her to order a low fat yogurt.Superego; id; egoId; ego; superegoId; superego; egoEgo; superego; idSuperego; ego; id
8Psychosexual Psychogenic Psychic Psychotic Psychophysiological 8) In the different _____ stages, children are thought to associate pleasure with different bodily regions.PsychosexualPsychogenicPsychicPsychoticPsychophysiological
99) The anal stage is primarily concerned with: Weaning.Toilet training.The Oedipus complex.Mature sexual relationships.Hostility towards a same-sex parent.
1010) Freud believed that women are attracted to men as a result of: Fixation.The Oedipus complex.Thanatos.Their superego.Penis envy.
1111) _____ are used to help protect ourselves from our own unwanted sexual and aggressive desires. Self-actualizing strategiesSchemasEgo defense mechanismsArchetypesThe anima and the animus
12Displacement Projection Reaction formation Regression Repression 12) Jeremy is upset and angry that he did not pass his physics test. He is very angry at his instructor, but he cannot yell at him or else he will be in trouble. Instead Jeremy releases some of his aggressive energy on the football field. What defense mechanism is Jeremy using?DisplacementProjectionReaction formationRegressionRepression
1313) After missing a put on the final hole of a competitive golf tournament, Greg yells and throws his club. He is demonstrating:Repression.Reaction formation.Projection.Regression.Rationalization.
14Sublimation Rationalization Displacement Denial Regression 14) Erin is supposed to be saving money from her job to contribute to her college fund. She is at the mall and sees a shirt that she loves, but she will have to dip into her fund allotted for college in order to buy it. She justifies her behavior by saying, “I have worked really hard this week and I deserve it.” Erin is using what Freudian defense mechanism?SublimationRationalizationDisplacementDenialRegression
15Repression Depression Sublimation Reaction formation Displacement 15) ____ occurs when you yell at your dog after receiving an “F” on a term paper.RepressionDepressionSublimationReaction formationDisplacement
16Answers 1) D 2) C 3) D 4) B 5) A 6) C 7) C 8) A 9) B 10) E 11) C 12) A