2) What lesson had the failure of the Munich Putsch taught Hitler? To take power legally!
3) Which event in 1929 played a key role in helping Hitler come to power? The Wall Street Crash
4) As one thing in Germany got worse and worse, more and more people voted for the Nazis. What was that thing and how big was the problem by 1932? Unemployment 6 million unemployed by 1932!!!
5) The Nazis twisted the truth and told lies to win people’s support. What’s the word for this? Propaganda!
6) Give an example of a key Nazi slogan used in the elections. “Hitler – our last hope!”
7) Why did the fact that the Communists were getting stronger actually help the Nazis? Because many people really FEARED that the Communists would take over the country. So they turned to the Nazis instead!
8) Who was the President of Germany both before & after Hitler came to power? HINDENBURG!
9) What were the names of the 3 chancellors who failed to solve the problems of the Great Depression? 1)Bruning 2)Papen 3)Schleicher
10) What percentage voted for Nazis in 1928? 2% (the year before the Wall Street Crash!)
10) What percentage voted for Nazis in 1932? 37% !!! (After the Wall Street Crash – by 1932 6 million people were unemployed.)
12) Why did Hindenburg have no choice but to ask Hitler to become Chancellor? 3 Chancellors had come and gone in three years (B,P,S) and all failed– Hindenburg chose Hitler because he was the most popular figure …
13) When did Hitler become Chancellor? January 1933
14) 1923 KEY ECONOMIC PROBLEM = ? HYPERINFLATION