Revolutions There are two types of revolution: Violent & Non-violent
Examples of Violent Revolt: American Revolution French Revolution Russian Revolution Chinese Communist Revolution The Oppressors Violent Revolt The Oppressed Pressure The Oppressors Physical Violence
World Opinion & Prestige Non-Violent revolt The Oppressors The Oppressed Pressure Civil Disobedience Examples of Non-Violent Revolt: Indian Revolution American Civil Rights Movement Modern American Labor Movement
HOW DID EACH OF THE FOLLOWING CONTRIBUTE TO NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE FOR INDIA?
End Foreign rule National Independence 1. Formation of Congress Party & Muslim League مسلم لیگ
2. World War One Increased interest in self gov’t Expectations of Reform by Britain
3. Rowlatt Acts Individual rights violated Violent protest
4. Massacre at Amritsar Nearly 400 killed; 1200+ wounded Loyal British subjects become nationalist Dyer reported to his superiors that he had been "confronted by a revolutionary army," and had been obliged "to teach a moral lesson to the Punjab."
5. Campaign of Civil Disobedience Weakened British Authority મોહનદાસ કરમચંદ ગાંધી
6. Salt March Peaceful Demonstration against the “Salt Tax” Gained worldwide Support for the Movement