Presentation on theme: "Culture Assimilator Stimulator 1 Unit 1: Le çons Pr é liminaires."— Presentation transcript:
Culture Assimilator Stimulator 1 Unit 1: Le çons Pr é liminaires
1. Is it easier to learn French or English? You are just beginning to learn French and your pen pal, Jean, is just beginning to learn English. You argue about which language is harder to learn! Who’s right?
1. Is it easier to learn French or English? Learning to speak English- Cliquez ici Learning to speak French- Cliquez ici
1. Is it easier to learn French or English? So, it is never easy to learn a new language and culture, but it can be a lot of fun! Don’t be shy about trying to speak- you can’t be worse than Joey!
What is the situation shown in these images? Would you consider doing this with your friends, family, and/or your teachers?
2. La Bise Faire La Bise en France Regardez la vidéo. Cliquez sur le titre-
2. La Bise 1.If you are a guy and you meet another guy for the first time, do you “faire la bise?” 2.Would you consider doing this with your guy friends? Why or why not? 3.Would you “faire la bise” with your teacher?
3. La Salle de Classe Une Salle de Classe en France Regardez la vidéo. Cliquez sur le titre-
3. La Salle de Classe 1.What differences do you see between this classroom in France and your French classroom? 2.What classroom items does she point out that you don’t normally see in your school?
4. tu vs. vous You are eating at a restaurant with your family in Lyon and you are trying to be polite. When the waiter asks you want you would like to drink you say “je voudrais un coca, s’il te plaît.” He corrects you with “s’il vous plaît.” What’s the big difference?
4. tu vs. vous You only use the “tu” version with a close friend or one family member. The “vous” form is used when you are speaking to someone you do not know very well or when address more than one person.
Additional Preliminary Unit Resources A guide to the basics of French Pronunciation for beginners Unlocking the Keys to French Pronunciation- Cliquez ici Basic Introductions Basic Introductions- Cliquez ici The French Alphabet