Presentation on theme: "Steve Krug’s -5- Guiding Principles of Good Web Design & Usability"— Presentation transcript:
1Steve Krug’s -5- Guiding Principles of Good Web Design & Usability Don’t Make Me think!
21. Don’t Make Me Think COMPLICATED! Overriding guideline for all design and usabilityGood design eliminates all questions and confusionUser should not have to second guess or question intentSimplest answer is usually the Best!COMPLICATED!
32. How We Really Use the Web Most users don’t read but scanPick out things they are looking for or things that stand outUsers “muddle” through sites to find what they wantDon’t follow best or intended way to find what they want
43. Billboard Design 101 Web page design similar to Billboard design Clear Visual HierarchyDon’t be afraid of following conventions and what is proven to workDon’t reinvent the wheel!
54. Animal Vegetable or Mineral Meant to illustrate that users like mindless choicesNot mindless choices usually caused by ambiguity or similarityCauses confusion and reduced trustThere are enough hard decisions already in life!
65. Omit Needless Words Common problem Remove “happy talk” usually on home pageRemove instructions or reduce to minimumHelps really important content stand outReduces distractions and intimidation