* Sign and print your name * Have parents sign * Return to your English teacher on Monday
* Choose a topic * Find a mentor * Write a resume * Write a proposal * Design a Poster * Complete 12 hours of internship * Create a product * Compose a research paper * Write a letter to the judges * Compile a portfolio * Present to the judges
* Interest * Gratifying * Mentor availability * Must be a challenge!
* Parents’ co-workers/aquaintances * Community organizations * Church * Former teachers (elementary/middle school) * Google * Must be accessible * Try places close to home
* Must be 21 or older * Expert or professional in the field * Cannot be family * Cannot be a Wheeler teacher
* S tudents MAY share a mentor * Students MAY work together on a product
* Possible topics/products * Fashion * students work with Goodwill representative (mentor) * students create a fashion show with clothing from Goodwill and collect donations * Sports * students work with Special Olympics representative (mentor) * students create a mini documentary about training athletes with disabilities and present to student body
* Introduce yourself * Wheeler High School Student * Senior Project * Explain your expectations * 12 hour internship * Must produce a product * Mentor Responsibilities * Availability