Presentation on theme: "Take a task sheet from the pile Log on to a computer Stay logged on and take a seat at the front of the class Read through the session objectives Try some."— Presentation transcript:
Take a task sheet from the pile Log on to a computer Stay logged on and take a seat at the front of the class Read through the session objectives Try some of the self assessment questions
* Define the key terms used with regard to test equipment calibration * Explain the use of Primary, Secondary and Working standards * Describe the reasons why and when a piece of electrical test equipment will need calibrating * Describe the impact that calibration can have on quality, productivity and safety. Giving one example for each
* Test Specifications * Validity of measurements * Consistency of measurements
* What is the name given to the science of measurement? * Define accuracy? * Define tolerance? * How much more accurate must a piece of equipment be before it can be used to calibrate another piece of equipment?
* What is meant by the term primary standards? * What is a secondary standard? * What is a working standard? * Give one reason why it might be impractical for a company to carry out its own equipment calibration?
* Define resolution with respect to reading taken by electronic equipment * What is the key difference between resolution and sensitivity? * What is the difference between accuracy and precision? * Is it possible for a set of measurements to be consistent but invalid? Give a reason
* What is a calibration interval? * Give one reason why a piece of equipment might need to be calibrated before the interval expires * Give another reason * And another
* In general how can you tell if a piece of electronic equipment has been recently calibrated * Briefly describe the impact of calibration on productivity. Give one reason * Briefly describe the impact of calibration on quality. Give one reason * Briefly describe the impact of calibration on safety. Give one reason
* What effect can temperature have on the accuracy of readings taken by electronic test equipment? * Which other environmental issue can cause problems with electronic test equipment? * What is meant by the term measurement uncertainty? * What is the key difference between magnitude and amplitude?