* Current * Time Intensive - too many back and forth questions * Process is sluggish and disorganized * Encourages inappropriate/over budget spending * Reaction oriented process * Disruptive to departmental productivity * Poor Communication * New * Time Saving – emails and communications * Purchases are made in a timely manner * Creates well thought out and planned purchases * Makes the procurement process smooth * Improves Communication between all parties
University purchasing processes are controlled by requirements and regulations set forth by the Board of Trustees, State of Ohio, and the Federal Government.
* Complete the following: * UCIT Purchase Request Form * Send the completed form to the Business Office along with any supporting documentation, including the Letter of Justification (if needed)
1. Receives the UCIT Purchase Request Form 2. Validate that correct documentation is attached, has manager approval and verifies budget string 3. Create the purchase requisition 4. Assess if A910 necessary If A910 required, begin the process 5. Send all documentation to Central Purchasing
1. Receive the purchase requisition and documentation via email or fax 2. If A910 is required, receive the form once signature process is complete. 3. Process Requisition into Purchase Order 4. Send copy of Purchase Order to Vendor and Facilitator
1. Purchase Order is received and scanned 2. Initiator is emailed a copy of the Purchase Order
1. Initiator receives Purchase Order and purchase is complete
Completed UCIT Purchase Request Form and documentation are submitted to Business Office Facilitator Processes 1 – 2 business days Central Purchasing processes 3-5 business days Normal purchase Completed - 7-10 days IF Personal Services Contract : Signature process for Personal Services Contract – Routed to the Provost and Treasurers Office Completed – 23 Days IF A910 : Completed – 3-4 weeks Signature Process Initiator Bus.Admin / Dept Head Provost Univ Finance Univ Architect Central Purchasing General Counsel (sometimes back to Vendor) Perfect Scenario: All documents are valid, no additional information is needed and there is no challenge from purchasing regarding the purchase.
* Educate managers and staff on utilizing the Purchase Request Form * Provide paper and electronic copies of the UCIT Procurement Procedures Binders created for all Initiators will include a copy of the Procurement Procedures, Purchase Request Form and samples of all documents