1. Forward Looking Statements This presentation contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intend, expect, project, believe or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s assumptions and assessments in light of past experience and trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other relevant factors. They are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by our forward-looking statements. Our forward-looking statements are also subject to risks and uncertainties, which can affect our performance in both the near- and long-term. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our February 1, 2007 Private Placement Memorandum.
2. BOOMj Inc. / BOOMj.com Symbol: BOMJBOMJ Price:$2.64 Average Volume:N/A Outstanding:37.01 Million Float:1.6 Million Market Cap:$97.72 Million *May 14, 2008
3. Social Network Valuations MySpaceAcquired by Fox Interactive Media $580 Million 2005 - current estimated value $10 Billion Facebook$15 Billion Valuation - Microsoft Invested $250 Million Feb. 28, 2008 BeboAcquired by AOL $850 Million March 2008
BOOMj is America’s niche web portal, combining social community and e-commerce for Baby Boomers and Generation Jones… 4. Baby Boomers & Generation Jones
5. Executive Team BOOMj.com, Inc., has assembled an experienced management team with more than 75 years of market expertise and a track record for successful implementation of Internet strategies, e-commerce, sales/ marketing campaigns, media and finance. Robert J. McNulty, Chairman / CEO. Mr. McNulty is an accomplished entrepreneur with over 25 years of significant experience in specialty retail, e-commerce, branded consumer products, transactional media TV, retail start-ups, and developing new concepts and technology platforms for utilization in the Retail Industry. Mr. McNulty founded Shopping.com, which was purchased for $220 million in an all cash transaction by Compaq Computers. Wendy Borow-Johnson, President. Ms. Borow-Johnson has over 25 years of senior level experience in cable network development, broadcast communications and advertising. She is noted for deploying new programming distribution initiatives interactive technologies, and direct response programs. Ms. Borow-Johnson has been recognized for her efforts in producing award winning documentaries, branded entertainment, and interactive advertising campaigns. Ms. Borow-Johnson has consulted to major health, packaged goods, internet and broadcast media companies. Ms. Borow-Johnson has a Masters Degree in Counseling. Mark V. Noffke, Executive Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Noffke is a Certified Public Accountant with more than 30 years of senior level financial and operational experience. He has been a financial strategist for private and public companies developing both debt and equity capitalization alternatives. Mr. Noffke has a B.S. Degree in Accounting. Murray Williams, Senior Vice President-Strategic Planning. Mr. Williams, was a member of the founding management team at Buy.com and is a Certified Public Accountant. His 15 year business career has been focused on international and domestic financial services with an emphasis on public offerings, private financings and merger/acquisitions. Mr. Williams received degrees in both Accounting and Real Estate. Mark Doumani, Senior Vice President of Business Development. Mr. Doumani has over a decade of experience in the start-up and management of small to large-sized business ventures. As VP of Business Development, he successfully developed a pay per click model for BigHub.com. Mr. Doumani has been a co-founder and general counsel to a variety of public and private media companies. Mr. Doumani is a Juris Doctor.
6. Target Niche Market Stats Jupiter Research: Baby Boomers and Gen. Jones account for 1/3 of the 195.3 million USA Web users US Consumer Expenditure survey: Baby Boomers and Gen. Jones own 65% of the net worth of USA households Pew Internet and America Life Project: BOOMj demographic is the fastest growing group on the net Retiring Baby Boomers and Gen. Jones will have $1 trillion in disposable income ComScore: 40% of major social networking site users are 35+ (e.g. MySpace.com)
7. New Internet Paradigm Old Internet – Web 1.0: Commerce Shopping.com, Amazon, eBay, Netflix, and Buy.com – Web 2.0: Community MySpace, Facebook, and LinkedIn New Internet – Web 3.0: the creation of high-quality content and services produced by gifted individuals using Web 2.0 technology as an enabling platform – Jason McCabe Calcanis, CEO of Mahalo.com, a human powered search engine and co-founder of Weblogs, Inc. http://www.calcanis.com/2007.10/03/web-3-0-the-official-definition The Future Web 3.0 is now with BOOMj.com
Web 3.0 is now with BOOMj’s Web Portal 8. Web 3.0
BOOMj is tackling the revenue needs of the current web environment with a comprehensive e-commerce solution. 12. Co-Branded Commerce 1.CUSTOMIZED STOREFRONTS: Customized co- branded storefronts to fit the look and feel of our partner’s websites. Logo’s, colors, style and text can be optimized to fit brand and personality. 2.PRODUCT MIX: Tailored product mix from our robust inventory of products ranging from electronics, health and wellness goods, homewares and more. 3.SPREAD THE WORD - WIDGETIZE: Use of an array of widgets for advertising and viral marketing campaigns to drive traffic to co- branded stores and increase revenues. 1 2 3
14 Fully leverage and exploit the synergy amongst our two revenue streams: advertising sales and e-commerce platform Maximize cross-selling opportunities amongst various vertical pages on social network and e-commerce sites. Develop superior economics by driving traffic to the Website through an aggressive e-commerce offering -everyday low prices Currently, no other competing Website is using e-commerce as a catalyst to enhance traffic to their Website Social Shopping Shapes Future Of E-Commerce -Gartner Research 13. Business Model
15 Co-Brand E Commerce Store to high traffic web sites and social networks. Signed National Lampoon April 3, 2008 The delivery of superior and compelling content Strategic Advertiser Partnerships BOOMj E Commerce Store 1.5 Million Branded Products Loyalty Program – BOOMj Rewards Points allow members to earn points FREE MEMBERSHIP 14. Business Strategy
16 Customer Acquisition – Comparison Shopping Engines: Shopping.com, Nextag.com, Shopzilla.com, Become.com, Yahoo.com, etc. – Social Marketing: Media, Video, Shopping, Bookmarking – Search Engine Marketing (Paid and Natural) – New C2C (Customer to Customer Marketing) Word of Mouth Social Network Marketing (Momentum Effect) Brick and Mortar Groups – Affiliate Program – Television programming Customer Retention – E-mail Marketing – BOOMj Member Rewards Program – Social Network Marketing: Momentum Effect 15. Marketing Strategy
17 Global online advertising revenue expecting to reach $81.1 billion by 2011, representing a 21% CAGR (2006-2011) Social Networking advertisements to targeted demographics have shown to out perform general online advertising Consumers are taking control of content consumption and branding via Social Networking “Friendonomics” is increasingly about affiliation with favored brands and companies referred by a friend and creating a “momentum effect” for advertisers. – News Corporation: Never Ending Friending *Source: Piper Jaffray – The User Revolution: The New Advertising Ecosystem 16. Advertising & Social Networking
18 The BOOMj Co-Branded National Lampoon Store ¯ Partnership to create a co-branded e-commerce platform for National Lampoon ¯ BOOMj Co-Branded Store is available across the numerous National Lampoon online properties, reaching over six million unique visitors each month. ¯ This is just one of the many partnerships that we will be making to increase the reach of our e-commerce footprint. The BOOMj Expert Network ¯ The BOOMj Expert Network is a community of leading authors, bloggers and content aggregators with more than 40 experts ¯ The BOOMj Expert Network will provide customized content in the areas that are most relevant to BOOMj's user base ¯ By reaching out to these various experts we are able to increase the quality and quantity of our content and continue to expand our awareness and reach and increase our premium advertising opportunities The BOOMj Groups/Orgs Network - NESTA Microsite ¯ Recently we entered into a partnership with the National Exercise and Sports Trainer Association ¯ BOOMj will host NESTA's targeted fitness, health and lifestyle tips and tactics ¯ BOOMj is now the social network for their over 41,000 trainer members ¯ By extending our social network to active networks in the "real world" we have been and will continue to expand at a aggressive and sustained pace. 17. Strategic Partnerships
19 Current Web Ranking Alexa.com9,776 Compete.com8,904 Quantcast.com7,671 May 14, 2008 As demonstrated by comparative rankings, BOOMj is steadily and swiftly building traffic (combined measure of page views and users) 18. BOOMj Web Ranking
21 The only publicly traded social & commerce network The first single source, vertically integrated, website that caters to the most sought after demographic Upside opportunity based on the growing need for a specific social network for Baby Boomers and Generation Jones Powerful Demographics / Find a need and fill it / Harness the shopping and advertising potential Dual revenue streams: Advertising and E-Commerce Experienced and seasoned management team 20. Conclusion