* This year, St. Brother Andre will be supporting the foundation by having a walk on: FRIDAY, APRIL, 24 th, 2015!
* The B-Strong Walk was founded by Lindsay Bolger, a BA grad, and her family. The foundation was created shortly after Lindsay was diagnosed with a rare form of brain tumour in April of 2005. * Unfortunately the brain tumor continued to worsen and in 2009, Lindsay passed away. The foundation is dedicated to raising funds for brain tumour research in memory of Lindsay.
* To show the community St. Brother Andre is committed to helping fulfill Lindsay’s mission and to keep the memory of Lindsay alive in the school she loved greatly. “There are times in life when one is faced with unpredictable challenges. In my case, it was a brain tumour. Challenges like these test one’s strength and courage, but most of all they test how one accepts and deals with these. The only way to deal with these is in a positive way. This experience has totally made me realize that with the right attitude and support, you can truly find a positive view for anything.” ~ Lindsay Bolger, 2005
* Complete your pledge form by getting as much donations as possible! * REMEMBER: the first 5 students in each homeroom class to raise $20 or more will receive a free SBA B-Strong t-shirt!! * Beginning Monday, April 20 th purchase B-Strong merchandise on all 3 lunches. All proceeds go directly back to the foundation!
* Is a paid civvies day! A minimal donation of $2 is required. Please wear appropriate attire for the walk. All proceeds will go to the foundation.
1 st PeriodAn assembly to get our school spirit and B-Strong Spirit going! After AssemblyLeave the gym and begin the 5km walk. End of 2 nd periodReturn back to school.
Directions: Cross south at Fincham Ave. and 16 th Avenue. Make a left at 16 th Avenue. Turn right at Ninth Line. Turn right at Fincham Ave. Turn Left on Wooten Way. Turn Right on Ramona Blvd. Turn Right on Paramount Rd. Turn Left on Fincham Ave. B- Strong Walk Route Water Station