Presentation on theme: "Welcome To Pastor Garry Clark’s PowerPoint presentation from the March 4 th sermon: REAL: A Real Idiot Welcome To Pastor Garry Clark’s PowerPoint presentation."— Presentation transcript:
Welcome To Pastor Garry Clark’s PowerPoint presentation from the March 4 th sermon: REAL: A Real Idiot Welcome To Pastor Garry Clark’s PowerPoint presentation from the March 4 th sermon: REAL: A Real Idiot Information on ordering a DVD copy of this sermon will be available at the end of this presentation
Acts 3:1-9 1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. 2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
Acts 3:1-9 3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. 4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. 5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
Acts 3:1-9 6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. 7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
Acts 3:1-9 8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. 9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
Acts 4:5-12 5 And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes, 6 And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.
Acts 4:5-12 7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
Acts 4:5-12 9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; 10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Acts 4:5-12 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Boldness FREE & FEARLESS CONFIDENCE, DISPLAYED IN AN UNINHIBITED AND UNRESERVED MANNER
They were without formal education and did not have professional religious credentials Unlearned & Ignorant Men
Jesus did not call a single person from a religious sect to be His disciple
Jesus specializes in using those who are insecure and who think they are “just not good enough”
1 Corinthians 1:25-29 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1 Corinthians 1:25-29 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1 Corinthians 1:25-29 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
Jesus is looking for people who are still stupid enough to believe that “all things are possible with God!”
How did Peter go from denial and deep discouragement… To having a free & fearless confidence To having an uninhibited and unreserved manner To causing even the religious elite to marvel To living his life in such a manner that people knew he had been with Jesus To having a free & fearless confidence To having an uninhibited and unreserved manner To causing even the religious elite to marvel To living his life in such a manner that people knew he had been with Jesus
PETER WAS A REAL IDIOT! Don’t you want to be one?
1. He Got Up John 21:7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea. He did this by himself (IT’S YOUR CHOICE)
2. He Stood Up Acts 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) He did this with believers (YOUR COMMUNITY)
3. He Spoke Up Acts 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
3. He Spoke Up Acts 2:13-15 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
3. He Spoke Up Acts 2:13-15 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
3. He Spoke Up Acts 2:13-15 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. He did this before unbelievers (IT’S JESUS’ COMMISSION)
4. He Gave Up Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. He did this for others (IT’S JESUS’ COMMAND)
5. He Was Filled Up Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
John 14:16-18 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 5. He Was Filled Up
John 14:16-18 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 5. He Was Filled Up
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 5. He Was Filled Up
Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, He received this (HE’S YOUR COMFORTER) 5. He Was Filled Up
To obtain a copy of the DVD from this sermon, or any sermon series, contact the Fellowship Church Office by one of the following methods 941-475-SHIP (7447) fellowshipenglewood.com PO Box 121 Englewood, Florida 34295 941-475-SHIP (7447) fellowshipenglewood.com PO Box 121 Englewood, Florida 34295