Presentation on theme: "Peer to Peer connection"— Presentation transcript:
1Peer to Peer connection KX-NS1000Peer to Peer connectionRev Oct., 2011Not for Sales??
2IntroductionP2P (Peer to Peer connection) This PBX automatically establishes peer-to-peer communication between peer-to-peer compatible IP extensions (i.e., IP-PTs and SIP extensions) that belong to the same P2P group. With peer-to-peer calls, the call is routed directly from one IP extension to another without going through a DSP card.2
3Table of ContentsChapter1) Overview2) How it work?3) Programming3
51. Overview Type of connection? Within a same site P2P ScenariosP2P calls can be established between telephones in a single site or across sites. The following illustrations show P2P calls established in a variety of network configurations. It is assumed that all the devices are connected over a private IP network.Within a same siteBetween branch offices over a VPN (hub-and-spoke connection)*1Between branch offices over a VPN (mesh connection)G711/G729/G722 available as P2P but G.722 is only available for calls between KX-NT300 series IP-PTs and some SIP extensions that supportthis codec during peer-to-peer communication.Between sites with multiple PBXs
61. Overview VPN connection arrangement VPN VPN Mesh Hub & Spoke VPN PathVPN PathVPN RouterVPN Router (Center)VPNVPNSignalingSignalingSignalingSignalingVoice pathVPN RouterVoice pathVPN RouterVPN RouterVPN RouterCall Signaling Path (MGCP/SIP) :Via NSVoice Traffic Path (RTP) : Direct through Each RouterCall Signaling Path (MGCP/SIP) :Via NSVoice Traffic Path (RTP) : Via Center Router
71. Overview Type of connection? P2P Groups • Telephones must belong to the same P2P group to establish a P2P connection. Telephones at different sites can be assigned to the same P2P group.• Each PBX in a one-look network is also assigned to a P2P group. This assignment is used when a legacy telephone (e.g., an SLT) is on a call with an IP telephone at another branch. If the PBX and the IP telephone both belong to the same P2P group, a P2P connection is established between the IP telephone and the PBX.Connection between different devices is in P2P groups The PBX group assignment is used when an IP telephone establishes a call with a non-IP telephone (e.g., an SLT). If the non-IP telephone’s PBX and the IP telephone are in the same P2P group, a P2P connection is established between the IP telephone and the PBX:.
81. Overview General condition • Three codecs are used for peer-to-peer calls: G.722, G.711, and G.729A. The speech quality of the codecs varies as follows: (High) G.722, G.711, G.729A (Low).When the preferred codec of each party differs, the call will be established using the lower codec. For example, if the caller prefers G.711 while the called party prefers G.729A, the call will be established using G.729A.• G.722 is only available for calls between KX-NT300 series IP-PTs and some SIP extensions that support this codec during peer-to-peer communication.• Through system programming, it is possible to assign the preferred codec to use for IP-PTs and KX-UT series SIP phones.• For non-KX-UT series SIP extensions, the priority of the codec that will be used can be specified via the telephone itself.• For non-peer-to-peer calls via the DSP card, calls cannot be made or received when all of the card’s resources are being used.
9Chapter 2How it work?Chapter 1: Product Overview .9
102. How it work? Within a site Calls between IP telephones within a site establish a P2P connection.VPNSite ASite BRTP packet exchange directly between devices. Only control signal exchange between PBX and devices.Control PacketVoice Packet
112. How it work? Between Branch Offices Over a VPN (Hub and Spoke) Calls between IP telephones in separate branch offices establish a P2P connection, using the hub router at Site 1 to communicate over a VPN. *When the VPN uses a hub-and-spoke (star) topology, the hub router must be configured to allow U-turn connections.VPNSite ASite BSite CRTP packet exchange directly between devices through VPN router at main site. So network I/F at main site should have enough band width for catering to handle all communication.Only control signal exchange between PBX and devices. RTP packet u-turn at router at Site A. So it is necessary to set U-Turn setting at VPN router at site A.Control PacketVoice Packet
122. How it work? Between Branch Offices Over a VPN (Mesh) Calls between IP telephones in separate branch offices establish a P2P connection directly through the VPN routers at each branch.VPNSite ASite BSite CRTP packet exchange directly between devices through direct VPN path. Only control signal exchange between PBX and devices.Control PacketVoice Packet
132. How it work? Between Sites with Multiple PBXs Calls between telephones in separate sites, each with its own PBX, establish a P2P connection over a VPN.VPNSite ASite BRTP packet exchange directly between devices. Only control signal exchange between PBX and devices.Control PacketVoice Packet
14Non-P2P call due call between different P2P Group 2. How it work?P2P GroupsP2P Group 1P2P Group 2P2P Call due call withinsame P2P GroupDSPMain UnitNon-P2P call due call between different P2P GroupCall between devices belong to same P2P group has direct RTP path. Call between devices belong to different P2P group through DSP.
15IP-PT belong to Main Unit 2 2. How it work?Connection between different devices in same P2P groupsP2P Group 1MasterSlaveVoIP-GWWhile the call between site then DSP used at PBX connect with legacy deviceDSP at Main Unit 2 is not used and IP-PT directly access to DSP at Main Unit 1.IP-PT belong to Main Unit 2IPPT directly send RTP to IP-GW is in same PBX that SLT belong to.
162. How it work? Non-P2P call “RTP Switch” call path EXT to EXT Main Unit 1DSPDSPMain Unit 2P2P Group 1P2P Group 2“RTP Relay” call path EXT to COThere is non-P2P call like below ;“RTP Switch” method is keep same type of codec and just replace IP header to send RTP packet to the other end.For example call in between different P2P group.“RTP Relay” method is convert CODEC that applicable for the other end and send.For example call between IPEXT and SIP Trunk.Main Unit 1DSPP2P Group 1
17Combination Of P2P Group (setting) 2. How it work?P2P bandwidth controlP2P Group1 (HQ)P2P Group2 (Branch 1)P2P Group2 (Branch 2)P2P Group4 (Branch 3)Narrow BandWide bandCombination Of P2P Group (setting)Bandwidth ControlGrouop1(Disable)Group2(Disable)NoneGroup1(Disable)Group3(Disable)Group4(Enable)DeployGroup3(Diable)
18Chapter 3How to program?Chapter 1: Product Overview .18
193 How to program?Define P2P Group for the system
203 How to program?Define P2P Group for the Extension ( NT/UT/SIP-SLT)