Presentation on theme: "“CLUB FUNGI” Group 6: Majela Fonseca Franco Figueroa Franco Figueroa Period: 3 Mr. Leon Biology."— Presentation transcript:
“CLUB FUNGI” Group 6: Majela Fonseca Franco Figueroa Franco Figueroa Period: 3 Mr. Leon Biology
“The Club Fungi” The Club fungi, or how is also named, phylum Basidiomycota, acquire its name from a specialized reproductive structure that resembles a club. The Basidium is the name the spore- bearing structure receives and it is found on the gills that grow on the underside of mushroom caps.
“Morphology of Fungi” These organisms are eukaryotic multicellular. They are composed of hyphae, filaments. The cells are connected end to end. Their cells are long and they are thread-like.
“Life Cycle of Club Fungi” The combination of moisture and nutrients causes the spore-producing fruiting bodies, well-known as mushrooms, to push above the ground. Mushroom begins as a mass of hyphae, which grows fast forming a button at the soil’s surface.
Basidiospores, or spores Basidiospores, or spores
Mushrooms expand very fast, producing fully developed mushrooms overnight, in some cases. The remarkable growth rate that the mushrooms show is cause by cell enlargement, instead of cell division. A single mushroom can produce billions of spores, while the giant puffballs can produce over trillions of them.
“Diversity of Club Fungi” BBBBasidiomycetes also include shelf fungi, which grow near the surfaces of dead or decaying trees.
Other examples of basidiomycetes are puffballs, earthstars, jelly fungi, and plant parasites known as rusts.
“Human Uses” Some species of fungi are edible, or pleasant to eat. Many types of mushroom are cultivated for food. Sliced mushrooms are a delicious ingredient on pizza. They can be tasty and nutritious when are cooked and prepared in a proper way.
“Effect it causes on humans” On the other hand, wild mushrooms are poisonous. Sometimes, poisonous mushrooms look identical to edible mushrooms, which is the reason why you should be careful to not eat any mushrooms in the wild. The effect that eating inedible mushrooms may cause are severe illness, or even death.