Presentation on theme: "Created by E. Duffy 2013. Team 1Team 2Team 3 Team 4 Team 7 Team 6Team 5 Team 8Team 9 Question 1 Question 2 Question 3 Question 4 Question 5 Question 6."— Presentation transcript:
Scores 1.1. The table below shows the amount of money that Bonnie spent during her last trip to the grocery store. Purchases Clothing$56 Groceries$82 School Supplies$16 To the nearest percent, what percent of the total did she spend on groceries?
2.2. Scores Jennifer’s new bike costs $96. Her parents paid 40% of the cost and Jennifer paid the rest. How much did Jennifer pay?
3.3. Scores Leann purchased a new computer for her birthday. She had to pay 7.5% sales tax on the computer. If she paid $63.75 in sales tax, how much did the computer cost?
4.4. Scores Miller earns $70,000 per year and puts 7% of his earnings into a savings account. What is the total amount in Miller’s savings account after 1 year if the interest rate is 3%?
5.5. Scores A writer earns 8% of total sales dollars as a commission. If 2,000 copies of his book are sold at $14.95 each, how much commission does he earn?
6.6. Scores Shoes that arrived at Shoe House will be marked up 120% before they are put on display for shoppers. If they cost Shoe House $45, what will the retail price be?
7.7. Scores You have a large container of olive oil. You have used 2½ quarts of oil. Eighty percent of the olive oil remains. How many quarts of olive oil remain?
8.8. Scores A $140 digital camera is discounted by 35%. What is the discounted price of the camera?
9.9. Scores You and your family went out to dinner. Your menu items cost $46 before tax and tip. If tax is 5% and you want to leave a 20% tip, what would your final bill be?
10. Scores The 2010 census states that Cary, North Carolina had a population of 155,776. If the population in the 1990 census was 49,197, what was the percent of increase? (Round to the nearest tenth).
11. Scores Karen deposited $400 into an account earning 5% simple interest. If she leaves her money into her account for 6 years, how much interest will she earn ?
12. Scores Fallon works at Baker’s Book company. If she earned a commission of $63.75 on her sales of $850, what was Fallon’s rate of commission?
13. Scores Johnny purchased $58 in office supplies at NeedsStaplers.com. His final cost after shipping costs were applied was $62.06. What percent shipping charge does NeedsStaplers.com apply?
14. Scores Karla estimated that her puppy weighed 16 pounds. At the veterinarian’s office, the puppy actually weighed 20 pounds. What was the percent error in Karla’s estimation?
15. Scores Layla purchased a jacket that was discounted 15% off the original price. If the discounted cost of the jacket was $42.50, what was the original price?
16. Scores Laura invested $8000 in a simple interest certificate of deposit six years ago. The interest rate was 8% for 6 years. How much money did Laura’s account have at the end of the 6 years?
17. Scores The sweatshirt you purchased was on sale for $29.25, having been marked 35% off. What was the original price?
18. Scores Yosef purchased a new sweater. The total price of the sweater, including the 8% sales tax, was $16.74. What was the retail cost of the sweater (before tax)?
19. Scores Ralph loaned his brother $180 to buy an iPod touch. His brother agreed to pay him back in 18 months. At the end of the 18 months, the brother gave Ralph a total of $190.80. What interest rate did Ralph charge?
20. Scores Katie made a fresh pot of coffee in the morning. By 10:00 am only 3 cups remained. If 85% of the coffee had been consumed, how many cups of coffee did Bob make in total?