We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byLuke Morton
Modified over 2 years ago
PRONOUNS AND PRONOUN REFERENCE QUIZ #2, Part 3 of 5 Directions: Circle the correct pronoun.
1. George and (I, me) will pick you up by 7:30.
2. Susan and (they, them) are working together.
3. Give the assignment to Robert and (I, me).
4. Dad asked my friends to make (theirselves, themselves) at home.
5. Tim gave the package to Joel and (I, me).
6. Tom borrowed tools from Don and (him, he).
7. I want to buy the book and (it’s, its) study guide.
8. I laid the stethoscope next to (yours, your’s).
9. (Who, Whom) answered the phone?
10. Mary invited you and (her, she) to the movie.
For the following section, if the pronoun reference is correct, write C. If not, correct it.
11. The team played hard, but they did not win.
11. The team played hard, but they did not win. The team played hard, but IT did not win. (The team is ONE thing, an IT.)
12. A type of resistors is known for their efficiency.
12. A type of resistors is known for their efficiency. A type of resistors is known for ITS efficiency. A TYPE = ITS
13. Two senators in the lobby discussed their differences.
13. Two senators in the lobby discussed their differences. C
14. The class of 1988 held its reunion at the Holiday Inn.
14. The class of 1988 held its reunion at the Holiday Inn. C
15. We were told to complete the problems and correct them yourself.
15. We were told to complete the problems and correct them yourself. OURSELVES. WE = OURSELVES
16. After writers submit an article, the editor reviews it and sends it back to him.
16. After writers submit an article, the editor reviews it and sends it back to him. THEM. WRITERS = THEM
17. Put the book back on it’s shelf.
ITS IT’S = IT IS…
18. Anyone who enters the competition must complete his or her registration.
18. Anyone who enters the competition must complete his or her registration. C ANYONE = ONE/HIS OR HER
19. When a teacher writes a lesson plan, they will also do some research on a topic.
19. When a teacher writes a lesson plan, they HE OR SHE will also do some research on a topic. A TEACHER = ONE…
20. Over half of the students wants his or her picture in the yearbook.
20. Over half of the students wants his or her picture in the yearbook. C
Pronouns – Part One Grade Eight.
If a new kid came to our school, I would show acceptance by inviting her over to my house.
Pronouns Review. Choose the correct pronoun. Britt and (she / her) went to the concert together. Answer: she.
Pronouns Key Ideas - Literature Commas/Dashes /Parenthesis Key Ideas – Inform. Pronouns Again
Unit 4 He said I was hard-working. ( Section A ) Violet.
Language Arts 1/13/14. Opening Finish Pronouns packet – be ready to review!
Notes on Pronouns. In your DGP book, write out a definition and an example for each of these types of nouns and pronouns (take a guess if you are not.
Subjective and Objective Case Pronouns
Click to Start Quiz Click to Start Quiz Incorrect Answer !! Click here to try again Click here to try again.
Pronouns Parts of Speech. What Are Pronouns? Pronouns take the place of nouns. Tim went to Tim’s house to do Tim’s chores. Tim went to his house to do.
C PRONOUNS. A Pronoun takes the place of a noun. For example, instead of saying: The campers carried food in the camper’s backpack. We replace the second.
Personal Pronouns A pronoun is a word that takes the place of one or more nouns. personal pronouns refer to people or things.
PRONOUN Pronoun is a word to replace a noun or other pronoun.
A pronoun is a word that takes the place of one or more nouns. The most frequently used pronouns are called personal pronouns. They refer to people or.
2 MINUTE CHALLENGE: What ’ s the word?. The Pronoun A pronoun is used to substitute a noun (person or thing). To decide if a word is a pronoun, you.
Pronouns. Subject Pronouns Take the place of a noun that is used as the subject of the sentence. They are found at the beginning of a phrase or clause.
A pronoun takes the place of a noun. Example story: Mary is one of the heads of the ToJi Corporation. Mary works with Mr. James and Mr. James' son Tom.
Grammar Unit II: Lesson 1.2 Using Subjective Personal Pronouns Correctly.
Personal Pronouns I You She Mary is a student. He It
Section B. What are you going to do if /when you finish your education? If/When I finish my education, I am going to … Tips,,.
Pronoun Cases. Subjective pronouns – These words take the place of nouns or other pronouns and work as the subject of a verb. The person or object referred.
Horace and Morris but Mostly Dolores Different Kinds of Pronouns.
Personal, Pronouns EXERCISE A: Underline the personal pronouns in the following sentences. Example 1. She and I will meet you at the theater. 1. My teacher.
The 8 Parts of Speech Pronouns.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1
What are reflexive and intensive pronouns?. A reflexive pronoun is a pronoun that refers to the subject and is necessary to the basic meaning of the sentence.
Subjective Case Objective Case Possessive Form used before a Noun Possessive Form used Independently I me my mine you your.
Type 2 Date List the 3 Cases of Nouns and Pronouns.
PRONOUNS HE, ONESELF, Somebody IT, They, I, That, My.
List A Sight Words.
PRONOUNS. Pronouns A pronoun is a word used in place of one or more nouns or pronouns. Example: Ask Dan if Dan has done Dan’s homework. Ask Dan if he.
Pronouns In this lesson we will learn about: Personal pronouns
Hints on Verbs Usage: Direct/Indirect Objects Carmela Grillone FAO International Consultant.
Do Now Take out vocabulary worksheets from yesterday.
Pronouns that act as subjects in the sentence. They are “doers” of the actions I, we, he, she, it, they, who.
UP UP UP If my son asks for me, tell him I am coming home. If you hadn’t done what he told you, you wouldn't be in trouble now. If my father.
I Am So Proud of Myself! Reflexive and Intensive Pronouns 8 th Grade English Pronoun Unit.
Point of View Revision Review.
Md. Abdus Sobhan Talukder Assistant Teacher Sakhipur P. M. Pilot Model School and College Sakhipur, Tangail Md. Abdus Sobhan.
WCH 502 Pronouns. What is a pronoun? A pronoun is a word that takes the place of or refers to a noun.
1. First I sit quietly on the carpet until the teacher asks me to stand. 1. First I sit quietly on the carpet until the teacher asks me to stand.
Little words – Big problems Pronouns Click on speaker icon for sound.
Corrections (Speak and other readings) Week 2. First things first…grammar A personal pronoun takes the places of a noun or nouns. Ex: Bill McCoy heard.
Correct Use of Pronouns
Fun with … Direct and Indirect Objects. A Direct Object… Is a noun or pronoun that tells who or what receives the action of a verb or shows the result.
POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES and OBJECT PRONOUNS. READ. Layla loves her dog. Its name is Skip. Leo and his sisters like to play. Their names are Vicky and Sue.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.