Presentation on theme: "INIP: The International Network on Innovative Apprenticeship International Conference Programme Assuring the Acquisition of Expertise: Apprenticeship in."— Presentation transcript:
INIP: The International Network on Innovative Apprenticeship International Conference Programme Assuring the Acquisition of Expertise: Apprenticeship in the Modern Economy 26 – 27 May 2011(Beijing) Construction of the Network of Career Paths after Graduation of the Korean Meister High School RHO, Tae-cheon(Chungnam National University) Lee, Byung-Wook (Chungnam National University) Kim, Tae-hoon (Chungnam National University)
Introduction Career Paths of Meister High School Results I II III Construction of the Network of Career Paths after Graduation of the Korean Meister High School
Promising areas in conjunction with the specific industry needs to foster the spirit Meister is a technical high school. Promising areas in conjunction with the specific industry needs to foster the spirit Meister is a technical high school. Ⅰ. Introduction ( symbol of Meister ) In the best spirit of the education Meister (Young Meister) to foster good corporate job after graduation, the animated military affairs skills, can work in parallel with the nation's premier technology university education Scenes (Meister) is to foster school. meister?
Ⅰ. Introduction Employment (delayed enlistment : maximum 4 years) Technician Work Work to establish a path. A system to combine work and learning to improve. (Devise a plan to enable in-house department, University of contract) 1) Meister 'Business Management System Curriculum, textbooks, principal autonomy, open competition (industry personnel can be employed) Meister Teacher (Academic adjunct teachers) use, expanding recruitment of students nationwide. 2) School level Regulatory Reform
Meister main content Ⅰ. Introduction Based providers (mosque 2.5 billion won), education expenses (600 million won Mosque) support. Tuition waivers, vocational training abroad, linking industry, Local governments provide. (Department of Education, Science and Technology) 3) National support system
Ⅰ. Introduction 1st Selection(2008) : 9 schools 2nd Selection(2009) : 12 schools Total of 21 schools : Opened in March 2010 Designation Meister
Ⅰ. Introduction 1st Selection(2008) : 9 schools 2nd Selection(2009) : 12 schools Total of 21 schools : Opened in March 2010 achieved number Cooperation achieved number Cooperation 20092008 Employment Rate 2010200920112010 Companies with 100 or more employees Employment Rate and Cooperation
Ⅰ. Introduction South Korean government opened twenty one Meister high scho ol in March 2010 which operate “High School Diversification 300 Project”. OECD nation to help students to enter the career world successfully after graduation. Meister high schools develop the programs for industrial fields, which they execute best to help students reach their goals and set their career paths.
Ⅰ. Introduction It is important that meister high schools present a career path model that shows from the preparation stage where meister high school students prepare for entry to a vocation, and development stage where they develop issues related to their own career during their professional life, to the completion stage where they reach their final goal.
Ⅱ. Career Paths of Meister High School Meister High Schools Employme nt Military Services Return to work Korean style Meister Chief technology officer(CTO) Inheriting the technology Business venturing ㆍ chief of executive officer(CEO) Professional skills, Foreign language education, Internships, Overseas field studies, Tuition waiver, Dormitory Professional skills, Foreign language education, Internships, Overseas field studies, Tuition waiver, Dormitory Degree after employment Degree after employment Contract department Corporate colleges Cyber university Delay military service for 4 years after employment Working as a specialist e-Military U Delay military service for 4 years after employment Working as a specialist e-Military U Meister High Schools(Custom industrial demands high schools) A kind of specialized high school that educates young meisters who have possibility to improve their career through specialized industrial demand in promising areas Meister High Schools(Custom industrial demands high schools) A kind of specialized high school that educates young meisters who have possibility to improve their career through specialized industrial demand in promising areas [Figure 1] Basic Career Paths after Graduation of the Korean Meister High School (Department of Education, Science and Technology,2008)
Ⅱ. Career Paths of Meister High School [figure 1] present the career path for Korean meister. Meister high schools provide opportunities to learn foreign language, professional technology education, internship, and foreign training, and to experience the dormitory life as well as exempt the tuition for students.
Ⅱ. Career Paths of Meister High School [Figure 1] explain how meister high school students reach the final stage. Admission into the high school → Graduation → Getting a job → Receiving a degree But it does not specifically present the details of each stage or period. So, [Figure 2] was proposed as the model of career paths for meister high school : Selection → Preparation → Entrance → Development of capabilities → Certification → Completion/transfer.
[Figure 2] Career Path Model for Korean Meister (Suggestion) Ⅱ. Career Paths of Meister High School
1) Selection Stage (Meister High School Admission Stage)
It is important to select students who have potentials to educate ‘Korean meister.' The selected students equipped with basic and potential ability, management ability and technology transfer ability as well as philosophy. who have interest in, aptitude and clear goals for their own fields can be successful to reach their final goal.
1) Selection Stage (Meister High School Admission Stage) It is important to select students who have potentials to educate ‘Korean meister.' Therefore, it is important that schools must select students based on students' talents aptitude, and interest on the future job field, not based on their academic grades.
1) Selection Stage (Meister High School Admission Stage) typical freshman Department of recruiting and typical National level recruit, Coeducation Departments and personnel recruit (Total 303 people) 15 Class 4 departments (300 people) Special education (3 people) General (90%), Special (10%) Special selection elements ① The principal recommendation ② typical Person Social consideration ③ Multicultural Families ④ Refugees of north korea Selection method
2) Preparation Stage(Stage during which students enroll in the meister high school)
The school educates high quality skills and technologies as well as develops students' basic ability and potentials as pre-meister. - involve in the future oriented instruction to raise Korean meister which is education that builds abilities applied to v arious professional education programs. - raises basic abilities to help build the foundation for the future job.
2) Preparation Stage(Stage during which students enroll in the meister high school) -reflects field centered experiences directly or indirectly acquired through cooperation of a university and a company, and field trips. -The four major programs are : ▶ curriculum designed by KSS. ▶ cooperative programs between a company and a university. ▶ global talent education program. ▶ a mental cultivation program.
3) Entrance Stage (Entrance Stage to the Professional Job World)
they develop their abilities related to their jobs as the period of OJT(On-the-Job Training). - It is necessary to certificate that approves the fact that students who finish the internship in the company as the pre-meister. - This entrance stage is the period when students experience professional jobs and acquire abilities to be used in their specific field, after they graduate from the meister high school along with the one to four year military service.
4) Ability Development Stage (Career Development Stage)
- The career path model that is presented in the professional world has to include the horizontal stage which is job movement process and the vertical system that is a promo tion system of each job. - And the career path model involves the detail contents such as connectivity of particular jobs, switch and substitution between jobs. In this stage there are OJT process, job ability developm ent process, internationalized ability development proces s, continuous education process, and advanced job abilit y development process.
- The certification system run by the nation has a strong point to evaluate the individual quality objectively. - But it has a weak point to deal with the rapidly changing industrial system more flexibly. - So, certification system is to be operated by consultative groups of industry rather than an individual company. -And to be official approved by the government. -so that certification has authoritative status to guarantee its flexibility and public goods.
6) Completion and Transfer Stage transfers his or her skill to the next generation. The roles of Korea Meister First, they have to reach the master based on their developed abilities. Second, they have to transfer their skill to the next generation, which is the traditional character of the meister system. The role of the initiator who transfers his or her skill to the next generation based on the professional skills it is very important v irtue that a meister is expected to possess.
Ⅲ. Results - [Figure 3] shows the specific processes on the career path of meister high school graduate. - It is designed based on the basic model frame that we examined above.
Ⅲ. Results [Figure 3] Career path road map of Meister high school graduates (Suggested)
The pre-conditions for this road map First, students must decide their career path with a vision after they graduate from the meister high school. - the school encourages students to study while they stay employed. Second, meister high schools must establish the systematic educational programs. - the university-company cooperative program is to be established and practiced in order to help its extracurricular activities, commissioned education and field trips in a regular basis.
The pre-conditions for this road map Third, it is important for school to engage in quality management from the point of students' admission to graduation. Fourth, the government and companies must understand the process how meister high school graduate reaches the meister status and must provide information and support it. - those entities must provide accesses to the professional development and continuous education to develop their knowledge.
The pre-conditions for this road map The key of operation for meister high schools is : ▶ to establish the career path of students. ▶ to connect the education courses with company's needs. ▶ to present the clear vision to the students. Conclusion Therefore, ▶ meister high schools set their goals clear and ▶ the government and companies specifically present the career path that help raise Korean meister and infrastructure needed. - The End -
Thank You(firstname.lastname@example.org) Life is the most valuable. Study is the most necessary. Work is the most joyful. Friendship is the most important. Motto: Just Now Here Do My Best ! Five Nothing(Driving licence/CD/C.P./Purse/Pocketbook)