We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byScot Knight
Modified over 5 years ago
Unit 3 Simple Machines Review Game START
1. All machines have moveable parts FalseTrue
2.If you want to exert less effort to get work done you will have to complete it over _?_. More distanceMore force Less distanceLess force
3. A stair case is a good example of which type of simple machine? Inclined Plane Wheel & Axle Screw Lever
4.If Mary climbs a hill in less time than Jack, her _?_ increases. Output Time Work Power
5. Which type of simple machine does a crane represent? Lever Wedge Pulley Screw
6.A second class lever has the _?_ in the middle. Load Fulcrum Work Effort
7.A series of simple machines that complete a silly task is name after what man? Archimedes Goldberg Newton Aristotle
8. If you want a job to take less time you must use more _?_ to get it done. Efficiency Input Work Power
9. The two most basic simple machines are _?_ and _?_ Wheel and Axle Wedge and Inclined Plane and Lever Pulley and Screw
10. The lid of a jar is an example of what simple machine? Screw Pulley Wedge Lever
11. In a _?_ class lever the EFFORT is in the middle. 3rd 2nd 4th 1st
12. The three parts of a lever are _?_. Wheel/Axle/Bar Effort/Fulcrum/Load Pivot/Bar/Load 1 st / 2 nd /3 rd
13. An example of a lever would be _?_ A chisel A car tire A door A ramp
14. A machine that contains two or more simple machines is called _?_ Compound Complicated Confusing Conjugated
15. Mechanical Advantage tells us how much _?_. The machine multiplies the force Efficiency a machine has Work is done Effort is exerted
16. John applies a force of 20 N to move a box 10 m. How much work is done? (W= F X D) 200 W 200 m 200 N200 J
17. Which of the following simple machines is a wedge? Slide Door stop Stair Case Flag Pole
18. If two people lift identical stacks of books the same distance but one person does the job faster, which of the following increases? Advantage Efficiency Power Work
19. A device that makes work easier by changing the size or direction of the force is a _?_. Wheel & Axle Inclined Plane Pulley All of the above
20. When using a machine if you increase the distance the force will _?_. Increase than Decrease Decreases Increase Stay the same
21. A machine cannot have 100% efficiency because of _?_ Force Work Friction Effort
22. If two people move a box the same distance but one does it faster, the person who did it faster had to increase _?_. Power Work Velocity Effort
23. The tip of a screw is an example of what simple machine? Wedge Lever Wheel & Axle Inclined Plane
24. A construction worker is lifting a load of bricks onto a truck and he does 220 J of work in 30 seconds. How much power did he use? (P=W/t) 6600 W 7.33 W 7.33 J 6600 J
25. Which of the following must happen for work to be done? Neither A or B A force must be applied Both A and B An object must move
26. If you want to lift a heavy load using a pulley you should _?_ to make the load easier to lift. Add pulleys Remove pulleys Pull down Pull up
27. A bow of a boat cutting through water is an example of _?_. An Inclined Plane A Wedge A Screw A Lever
28. The petals in a car represent _?_ A Pulley A Lever A Screw A Wheel & Axle
29. The gas cap on a mower represents _?_. A Wedge A Screw A Pulley An Inclined Plane
30. A shovel is an example of a _?_ class lever. 3rd None2nd 1st
Mr. Johnson Perrysville Junior High Updated
Can you tell what this lesson is about ?. WORK! WORK is done on an object when a force is exerted on the object that causes the object to move some distance.
CHAPTER 5 WORK AND MACHINES. WORK The transfer of energy to cause or make an object move.
Simple Machines There are six kinds of simple machines: 1. Inclined Plane – 2. Pulley- 3. Lever – 4. Wheel and Axle- 5. Screw – 6. Wedge - ramp top of.
Simple Machines and Mechanical Advantage
Mechanical Advantage, Efficiency, and Types of Simple Machines.
Work Work happens when a force moves an object over a distance.
Science 8: Unit D: Mechanical Systems Topic 1: Levers and Inclined Planes.
Simple Machines Machines Lever Inclined plane Pulley Screw Wedge Wheel & axle.
Work & Power How the world works….. Define / Describe WORK Work is done when a force causes an object to move in the direction that the force is applied.
(Are they really that simple?!) What have we learned by doing labs and researching for our notes?
Work, Power, and Simple Machines
Work, Power, Simple machines
5.3 Simple Machines. 6 Types Lever Pulley Wheel and axle Inclined Plane Screw Wedge.
12.3 Simple Machines.
Work and Machines Chapter 14
Name ________________________________ Physical Science
Oct.24, 2012 You need: Clean paper / pencil HW: Ch.19-1 and your practice problems Warm Up: What is the formula for work? How can you re- arrange that.
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.