We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byScot Knight
Modified about 1 year ago
Unit 3 Simple Machines Review Game START
1. All machines have moveable parts FalseTrue
2.If you want to exert less effort to get work done you will have to complete it over _?_. More distanceMore force Less distanceLess force
3. A stair case is a good example of which type of simple machine? Inclined Plane Wheel & Axle Screw Lever
4.If Mary climbs a hill in less time than Jack, her _?_ increases. Output Time Work Power
5. Which type of simple machine does a crane represent? Lever Wedge Pulley Screw
6.A second class lever has the _?_ in the middle. Load Fulcrum Work Effort
7.A series of simple machines that complete a silly task is name after what man? Archimedes Goldberg Newton Aristotle
8. If you want a job to take less time you must use more _?_ to get it done. Efficiency Input Work Power
9. The two most basic simple machines are _?_ and _?_ Wheel and Axle Wedge and Inclined Plane and Lever Pulley and Screw
10. The lid of a jar is an example of what simple machine? Screw Pulley Wedge Lever
11. In a _?_ class lever the EFFORT is in the middle. 3rd 2nd 4th 1st
12. The three parts of a lever are _?_. Wheel/Axle/Bar Effort/Fulcrum/Load Pivot/Bar/Load 1 st / 2 nd /3 rd
13. An example of a lever would be _?_ A chisel A car tire A door A ramp
14. A machine that contains two or more simple machines is called _?_ Compound Complicated Confusing Conjugated
15. Mechanical Advantage tells us how much _?_. The machine multiplies the force Efficiency a machine has Work is done Effort is exerted
16. John applies a force of 20 N to move a box 10 m. How much work is done? (W= F X D) 200 W 200 m 200 N200 J
17. Which of the following simple machines is a wedge? Slide Door stop Stair Case Flag Pole
18. If two people lift identical stacks of books the same distance but one person does the job faster, which of the following increases? Advantage Efficiency Power Work
19. A device that makes work easier by changing the size or direction of the force is a _?_. Wheel & Axle Inclined Plane Pulley All of the above
20. When using a machine if you increase the distance the force will _?_. Increase than Decrease Decreases Increase Stay the same
21. A machine cannot have 100% efficiency because of _?_ Force Work Friction Effort
22. If two people move a box the same distance but one does it faster, the person who did it faster had to increase _?_. Power Work Velocity Effort
23. The tip of a screw is an example of what simple machine? Wedge Lever Wheel & Axle Inclined Plane
24. A construction worker is lifting a load of bricks onto a truck and he does 220 J of work in 30 seconds. How much power did he use? (P=W/t) 6600 W 7.33 W 7.33 J 6600 J
25. Which of the following must happen for work to be done? Neither A or B A force must be applied Both A and B An object must move
26. If you want to lift a heavy load using a pulley you should _?_ to make the load easier to lift. Add pulleys Remove pulleys Pull down Pull up
27. A bow of a boat cutting through water is an example of _?_. An Inclined Plane A Wedge A Screw A Lever
28. The petals in a car represent _?_ A Pulley A Lever A Screw A Wheel & Axle
29. The gas cap on a mower represents _?_. A Wedge A Screw A Pulley An Inclined Plane
30. A shovel is an example of a _?_ class lever. 3rd None2nd 1st
Ch. 14 Review Game Objective: Review work and machines.
Simple Machines. Simple Machine - a device that changes the size or direction of a force being used to do work.
Simple Machines will change the size or direction of a force in one motion. Compound Machines a system of two or more simple machines (the game mouse.
SIMPLE MACHINES Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I will move the world. Aristotle.
1. How would the effort exerted by a backpacker over level ground compare to the effort in climbing a steep hill? 2. How would the weight of the backpack.
Work and Machines What Do You Think? How can a machine make work easier?
Mr. Johnson Perrysville Junior High Updated
Work, Power, and Simple Machines. What is Work? Work is done when a force is exerted on an object and causes it to move in the same direction the force.
Work and Machines Work – energy transferred when a force makes an object move 2 conditions must apply for there to be work: The object must move Movement.
Chapter: Work and Machines Section 3: Simple MachinesSimple Machines Section 1: WorkWork Section 2: Using MachinesUsing Machines Table of Contents.
Work and Simple Machines 4.07 Determine how people use simple machines to solve problems.
Work and machines Making jobs easier Work Work is done on an object when a force is exerted on an object that causes the object to move some distance.
Work & Simple Machines Review. Define / Describe WORK.
Unit 6 – Lecture 1. Review Work = Force * distance measured in Joules [newton meters] this remains true using effort force or resistance force Power =
Simple and Compound Machines Identifying Simple Machines.
Physical Science Chapter 4 Work & Machines. Section 4-1: What is Work? Work is force exerted on an object that causes the object to move some distance.
Work and Simple Machines S8P3. Students will investigate relationship between force, mass, and the motion of objects. a. Determine the relationship between.
1 Work and Simple Machines 2 What is work? In science, the word work has a different meaning than you may be familiar with. In science, the word work.
Chapter: Work and Simple Machines Table of Contents Section 3: Simple MachinesSimple Machines Section 1: Work and Power Section 2: Using MachinesUsing.
Simple Machines Mr. Kings Science Classes. IntroductionIntroduction Simple machines are machines with few or no moving parts. Simple machines are machines.
Simple Machines Chapter 7-Part 2. Pulleys Pulley A grooved wheel with a rope or a chain running along the groove.
Work and Machines What Is Work? How Machines Do Work Simple Machines Table of Contents.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER TH GRADE HOMEWORK- Read Fungi Section (Study for Reading Quiz Friday) DUE MONDAY- KINDOM PROTISTA AND KINDGOM FUNGI READING.
Work Work = Work happens when _____________ If nothing is moved (no distance) then there is no work. If the force is perpendicular (not in the direction.
WORK, POWER & Simple Machines. 1) What is the hardest, most difficult job, task, or chore you have ever done? 2) Who is the most powerful person in the.
Simple Machines A device created to make work easier.
Welcome to a world full of machines! There are machines all around us! Turn to your neighbor and discuss what kinds of machines you saw on your way to.
Simple Machines In a simple machine, input work is done by a person applying a single force, and the machine does output work also by means of a single.
Monday, September 16, 2013 Mrs. Hensley Sedgefield Middle School.
4.2 and 4.3: Simple Machines pp Mr. Richter.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.