Presentation on theme: "How to fill-up the PAN application form?. ID Proof : Either of following copies may be used as ID proof: Passport Driving license Voter ID Bank passbook."— Presentation transcript:
How to fill-up the PAN application form?
ID Proof : Either of following copies may be used as ID proof: Passport Driving license Voter ID Bank passbook (Photo should be affixed along with the Banker’s signature and the details of last 2 months’ transactions) Certificate issued by Gazetted Officer Following may be accepted only If the applicant photo is present. Ration card School Leaving certificate Matriculation Certificate Degree from recognized educational institution Depository Account Statement Address Proof : Either of following copies may be used as address proof: Passport Driving license Ration card Voter ID Bank Passbook (Photo should be affixed along with the Banker’s signature and the details of last 2 months’ transactions) Recent telephone Bill / EB bill Required details from Applicant All the details must be filled in Black ink only. For Individual
Either of following copies may be used as address proof: Certificate of Incorporation Bank statement for companies which do not have address on their Certificate of Incorporation. For Company Copy of Certificate of Incorporation For Firm Copy of Partnership Deed Required details from applicant ID Proof : Address proof: ID Proof : Address proof: Either of following copies may be used as address proof: Partnership Deed Bank statement for companies which do not have address on their Partnership deed.
For Association of persons (Trusts) Either of following copies may be used as ID / address proof: Trust Deed Certificate of registration numbers issued by Charity Commissioner For Association of persons / Body of Individuals / Local authority / Artificial Judicial Person Either of following copies may be used as ID / address proof: Agreement Certificate of registration numbers issued by Charity Commissioner / Registrar of Co-operative society/any other competent authority. Any other document originating from any Central / State Government establishing identity. Required details from applicant
Sign here in black ink within the box For Office Use. DO NOT FILL UP Only “Individuals” to affix recent photograph (3.5 x 2.5 cm) For Seal and signature are must for Company. (Either Directors / Authorized signatory) 1. Fill-up the applicant’s name as Last Name, Father / Husband name as First Name and Initial as Middle eg: If Applicant name is K Anand Sharma, it should be filled up as Sharma Anand K Continued.. Seal and Signature are must for Firm (one of the Partners)
2. Fill in the name as how the applicant would like printed on the card. Eg: Anand K Sharma may want his name to be printed on the PAN card as K Anand. So fill it up as K Anand. 3. Nick name column is NOT normally filled in. So select No. 4. Fill in the Father’s name; EVEN MARRIED WOMEN NEED TO enter FATHER’S NAME ONLY. Name format is the same as discussed in Column 1.
5. Enter residential address of the applicant. If the applicant is a salaried employee, then give details of the office and address too. PIN code is must for both. 6. Address for further communication (Residence or Office) should be selected as is applicable.
7. Fill in the telephone number of the applicant. If landline, then fill up STD code. If it is mobile no, the applicant will be informed about the status of PAN card process via SMS. Eg: Your PAN card is dispatched to your address. ID may be filled up. It is optional. 8. Enter the gender of the applicant as applicable.
9. Enter status of the Applicant. Tick accordingly. 10. This cannot be a future date. Relevant date for different categories of application is Individual: Actual Date of Birth Company: Date of Incorporation Association of Persons: Date of formation / Creation ssociation of persons (Trust) : Date of creation of Trust Deed Partnership Firms: Date of Partnership Deed HUF’s: Date of Creation of HUF and for ancestral HUF date can be there the date of creation is not available.
11. This number should be entered for Companies and Firms. This can be found in Certificate of Identification / Partnership deed. 12. Tick Yes for this column. For NRI, tick No.
13. This is for salaried employees. If not applicable, then leave it as blank. a) Tick Government / Others accordingly. Fill up Name of the Organization where the applicant working. b) Fill - up Nature of Business /Profession along with the corresponding code (Refer next slide). c) Applicants not covered by column 13(a) and 13 (b) must mention any one or combination of income from (i) house property (ii) capital gains (iii) other sources, as their source of income.
CodeBusiness / Profession 01Medical Profession and Business 02Engineering 03Architecture 04Chartered Accountant / Accountancy 05Interior Decoration 06Technical Consultancy 07Company Secretary 08Legal Practitioner and Solicitors 09Government Contractors 10Insurance Agency 11Films, TV and such other entertainment 12Information Technology 13Builders and Developers 14Members of Stock Exchange, Share Brokers and Sub-brokers 15Performing Arts and Yatra 16Operation of Ships, Hovercraft, Aircrafts or Helicopters 17Plying Taxis, Lorries, Trucks, Buses or other Commercial Vehicles 18Ownership of Horses or Jockeys 19Cinema Halls and Other Theatres 20Others
14. This is mandatory if the applicant is NRI / minor / deceased / lunatic / mentally challenged. Proof of address is also required for representative assessee. NRI For NRs not having any Bank A/c in India, the following documents to be submitted: 1.Passport copy 2.Person of Indian Origin (PIO) certificate 3.Last two months’ bank transactions from the country where he currently lives in with Embassy seal & signature.
15. Enter the relevant name of ID and address proof the applicant provided. Enter the name of applicant and Submission date. For Seal and signature, please refer Slide 5.