Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Www.gamingstandards.com TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY APRIL 1, 2009 - MANILA GEM 2009.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Www.gamingstandards.com TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY APRIL 1, 2009 - MANILA GEM 2009."— Presentation transcript:

1 TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY APRIL 1, MANILA GEM 2009

2 AGENDA GAMING TECHNOLOGY - HISTORY BOTTLENECK OPEN STANDARDS GAMING TECHNOLOGY - TRENDS KEY TAKEAWAYS GEM 2009

3 PLATINUM MEMBERS GEM 2009

4 HISTORY GAMING TECHNOLOGY GEM 2009

5 HISTORY Slots 1960COINS –Mechanical 1980 –Steppers –Video 1990NOTES –Player Tracking –Note Acceptors –Progressives –Bonussing 2000TICKETS –TITO –Server Based Gaming / Central Determination –Server Supported Gaming –New Display Technologies GEM 2009

6 HISTORY Table Games 1980 –Table Displays –Table Management Systems –Chip Sorting Devices 1990 –Card Shufflers 2000 –Electronic Table Games –Multi Station Games –On-line Gaming and Tournaments –RFID 2010? GEM 2009

7 BOTTLENECK COMMUNICATION HISTORY GEM 2009

8 HISTORY Communication Simple Uni-directional ‘Polled Network’ Technology Proprietary Protocols For Data Collection –Accounting –Security –Player Tracking –Progressives (WAP) –Bonusing –TITO/WAT System More And More Critical Communication Problems = Bottleneck GEM 2009

9 TODAY… 9 “In 2004, 73% of I.T. budgets were spent on maintenance and 27% on new investments. In 2005, survey respondents spent 76% on maintenance, leaving just 24% for new investments.” Forrester Research* “In 2004, 73% of I.T. budgets were spent on maintenance and 27% on new investments. In 2005, survey respondents spent 76% on maintenance, leaving just 24% for new investments.” Forrester Research* “40% or more of IT budgets are spent on infrastructure development”. Gartner Research* “40% or more of IT budgets are spent on infrastructure development”. Gartner Research* “ Various surveys tell us that the typical enterprise is devoting over 80% of its applications budget to simply supporting normal business because of the complexity of making change.” Source: CBDI “The Business Case for SOA” “Integration remains the number one IT priority; 60-70% of IT budgets are dedicated to it.” Source: WebServices Journal GEM 2009

10 OPEN STANDARDS GEM 2009

11 OPEN STANDARDS History 1994: Open standards fueled the Internet growth – anybody –Play MP3 music files on any platform –Access any web page –Bluetooth –WiFi –Internet transformed the way we work and live 1998: GSA formed – industry agreement –Internet technology = foundation to GSA standards –SAS transition to GSA open standards –Canadian Lottery operators supporting GSA standards development efforts Casino industry is going through its own period of change GEM 2009

12 AND BEYOND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS GEM 2009

13 TECHNOLOGY TRENDS Networked Gaming Floor based on Standard IT Network Technology Content Distribution To Multiple Platforms Resort Integration –Use of loyalty points through resort /retails/restaurants/events –Unified Players View / Net Worth Inter-Jurisdictional Communication –Financial tracking –On-demand compliance reporting legality of installed software –Inter-property marketing –Responsible gaming Improved Data Warehousing –Consistent structured consistent data (e.g.: ) –Simplify Enterprise Application Integration Convergence between Hospitality / Gaming –Gaming floor and Guest room service network GEM 2009

14 TECHNOLOGY TRENDS Table Gaming –Player TouchPoint Integration –Enhanced Accounting and Table Management Solutions –RFID –Biometrics Slots –Player TouchPoint Integration –Social / Communal / Peer to Peer Gaming –Biometrics Mobility –Use of Internet to extend gaming beyond ‘brick and mortar’ casinos GEM 2009

15 TECHNOLOGY TRENDS Wealth Of New 3 rd Party Applications on Player TouchPoints –Service Beverage On Demand Valet, dinner reservations, tee time, transportation… –Marketing Advertising Drive player behavior to earn extra awards whilst still on property –Gaming Bingo, Lottery, Horse Betting…. –Entertainment Listen to Music Observe various destinations within resort Watch Movie or other events GEM 2009

16 VALUE PROPOSITION

17 KEY TAKEAWAYS Robust High Speed Floor Networks Arrived Innovation Will Accelerate Highly Adaptive And Interactive Games Will Come Dramatically Enhanced Customer Relationship Build A Unique, Highly Competitive Floor Using Best Of Breed Solutions Marketing, IT And Slot Ops Need To Work Together Open Standards Eliminate Vendor Lock-in Open Standards and Certification Are The Key to Drive Revenue –Participate / Contribute –Request Certification –Get Educated On GSA Standards GEM 2009

18 FREEDOM OF CHOICE GEM 2009


Download ppt "Www.gamingstandards.com TRENDS IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY APRIL 1, 2009 - MANILA GEM 2009."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google