Presentation on theme: "What is your favorite love song and why? What is your least favorite love song?"— Presentation transcript:
What is your favorite love song and why? What is your least favorite love song?
1. Do you think the word “love” loses it’s meaning when we use it for so many things? Does it affect our understanding of what real love is?
2. Do we generally, in today’s world, treat the concept of love the same way as the people in the Song of Solomon? Explain some of the similarities and differences you perceive?
Read: Song of Solomon 2:7 3. Why do you think the phrase “do not awaken love until it so desires” is repeated in this book? 4. What do you think this phrase means to those who are single or dating?
Raya = Friend Ahava = Love of the will, Commitment Dode = Erotic 5. Of the three flames which one do you think is the most difficult for couples to keep going through out the years? Why do you think that is the case?
6. Which of the three flames is promoted most by our media? (movies, TV shows, Music) Which of the three flames is least promoted? How do you think that affects the relationships in our country?
7. Do you think it is possible to be satisfied without all three flames burning? Why or why not?
8. What does it mean to give all of yourself to another person?
Read: Song of Solomon 2:17 9. What do you think is meant by “little foxes that ruin the vineyard? How can we guard against them in our relationships? (And future relationships for those who are single)
10. If married, do you think about how your marriage is an example to those around you (in the church and the community) of who God is? If not married, do you think of your singleness as an example of who God is? What are some ways we can be good examples?
Application Question: How can we this week honor God in whatever our relational status may be?