Presentation on theme: "Journal Prompts #11-20. 11. Monsters are Due on Maple Street Picture Analysis Journal Look at the picture on page 137 in the literature book. Describe,"— Presentation transcript:
11. Monsters are Due on Maple Street Picture Analysis Journal Look at the picture on page 137 in the literature book. Describe, in detail, what you see in the picture. What unusual elements do you notice in the picture? Make some predictions as to what these elements might mean. What mood/feeling is suggested by this picture? Maple Street
12. My Move to Outer Space You are about to embark on an incredible journey into outer space to a newly discovered planet. Your mission is to begin a community on this planet. You are allowed to bring with you three other people. Who will these people be? Think carefully about which professions will be most needed. You may also bring only ten items. Make sure to explain your reasoning. Choose wisely, for the future of this new planet depends on you!
13. The Unusual Gift It’s your birthday! You just received a very strange gift in the mail. What is it? Write a thank you note to the person who sent you this gift. Describe you much you enjoy this gift and all the uses you will have for it!
14. Money Journal How important is money to you? Do you believe it is the most important thing in life? How could having too much money be damaging and harmful to you or the people around you?
16. Noun Journal Create a story using as many of the following nouns as possible. Be creative! Nouns ChameleonMt. EverestawardA wish rhinocerosboyfriendZeusarchaeologists flowermilkshakeSister-in-lawrainbow lightherdfirefightervolcano braveryfishCaliforniakitchen sorrowBoston Red SoxJanuaryking pictureindependencePacific Oceanbeauty restaurantpowercarrotsidea
18. Mystery Item (Pronouns) Choose a common item. Describe the item using pronouns and creative sentences. Do not give the exact name of your item because your classmates will have to guess. Highlight your pronouns. You must use at least seven different pronouns. I am always awake. My day never ends. Our family is usually separated by at least one room. We don’t talk to each other. People barely even notice me when they are at their school, in the home, or in stores. You probably never think about me, but you definitely need me in your life. Most of the time, I just hang on the ceiling waiting for my turn to take action. The worst part of my job is when my nose starts to tickle because smell something burning in your oven. It is just a matter of time before you hear me yell at the top of my voice. What am I ?
19. Perseverance What does perseverance mean to you? Describe a time when you or someone you know had to persevere through a difficult challenge.