Presentation on theme: "Lesson 32: Remembering Jesus Christ When We Take the Sacrament “Lesson 32: Remembering Jesus Christ When We Take the Sacrament,” Primary 3: Choose the."— Presentation transcript:
Go to Video Go to Video Go to Slides Go to Slides Continue
* Jesus Christ sent his disciples to get some bread and wine. * He told the Nephites to sit on the ground.
* When the disciples returned, the Savior broke the bread into pieces and blessed it. * He gave some to his disciples and had them give some to the people.
* Jesus said that people who take the sacrament promise to always remember him and his sacrifice. * They then receive his Spirit.
* Jesus Christ blessed the wine and gave some to his disciples. * The disciples gave some wine to the people.
* Jesus said those who take the sacrament promise to keep his commandments.
* Jesus again told his disciples that everyone who takes the sacrament and always remembers him will have his Spirit.
* He told his disciples they would be blessed if they kept his commandments
* He told them to pray always and to pray as they had seen him pray.
* The Savior told all the Nephites to pray to Heavenly Father in his name. * He also commanded them to pray with their families.
* He said the people should meet together often. * They should welcome others to their meetings, pray for them, and be good examples to them.
* The Savior gave his disciples the power to give the Holy Ghost. * Then a cloud covered the people so that only the disciples saw Jesus Christ go up to heaven
* After everyone had taken the sacrament, Jesus Christ explained its purpose as he had done for his Apostles in Jerusalem.
* Let’s read 3 Nephi 18:73 Nephi 18:7 * 7 And this shall ye do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.
* How do you think the Nephites felt about Jesus Christ when they took the sacrament?
* What occurs during the sacrament service? * Let’s talk about some of the following ideas:
* 1. We usually sing a sacrament hymn. * 2. Priesthood holders (usually priests) break the bread. * This is a sacrament tray for the bread.
* 3. A priesthood holder (usually a priest) kneels and says the sacrament prayer on the bread. (You might want to read the words of the sacrament prayers found in Moroni 4 and 5 and in Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79.)Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79
* 5. A priesthood holder (usually a priest) kneels and says the sacrament prayer on the water. (Show a sacrament tray for the water.) * 6. Priesthood holders (usually the deacons) pass the water.
* What should we be thinking about when the sacrament is being passed? * Jesus Christ and how much he loves us.
We Should Remember Jesus Christ during the Sacrament * What can we do to remember Jesus Christ during the sacrament? * What are some stories about the Savior we might think of during the sacrament?
* What are some songs that we might think of during the sacrament? * During the sacrament, we can think of the things we know about Jesus Christ to help us remember and love him.
* You can think about Jesus Christ by remembering stories about him and thinking of how much he loves you.
* We are going to do an activity to help you remember how you should act during the sacrament. * Let’s start by having two volunteers to role-play a situation. * They are going to do two different things. * Watch for the way you behave during sacrament.
Which way should you be during sacrament? Pretend to be playing with a toy and making noises with it. Reverently partake of the sacrament and then reverently pass it on.
* You should remember Jesus Christ when you take the sacrament and also during the rest of the week. * Let’s re-read the following sentence from 3 Nephi 18:7: * “And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.”
I want to bear my testimony that Heavenly Father is pleased with us when we try to remember Jesus Christ and obey his teachings. I want to encourage each of you to think of Jesus Christ the next time you take the sacrament. Testimony
* Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79 * 77 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it, that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given them; that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen. * 79 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this a wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.