Presentation on theme: "Scotland is known for its traditional music, which remained alive throughout the 20th century, when many traditional forms worldwide lost popularity to."— Presentation transcript:
Scotland is known for its traditional music, which remained alive throughout the 20th century, when many traditional forms worldwide lost popularity to pop music. Despite the emigration of music with the rest of Europe and the United States From the outside, associate Scottish folk music almost entirely from the Great Highland Bagpipe.
● The earliest mention of bagpipes in Scotland come from the 15th century, although they could be introduced as early as the 6th century.
● To the popular vocal music are mostly ballads, usually sung by individual singers. The instruments used in the eternity of such songs is a harp, violin, accordion and bagpipes. In addition, the instruments used by bands playing Celtic music include bodhran, bouzouki, harmonica, tin whistle, etc. There are many traditional folk songs, which are generally melodic, haunting or rousing.
All dances are danced in the Scottish soft shoes, which are very similar to the Irish soft-shoe (you can practically use them interchangeably.) A typical Scottish music to dance to reel and Strathspey. Popular are also the jig and polka, rarely appears Hornpipe. Overall, Scottish dances can be divided into: -highland-dancing -Scottish ceilidh-dancing -Scottish-dancing ballroom
● Definitely the most famous type of Scottish dances. On the occasion of the hardest. Its characteristic feature is the motion of the entire body - in addition to complicated steps in a dance involving the hands (often held over the head of the so-called. "horns of a deer") The history of the oldest dances of Scottish Highlanders to a few hundred years. Many of these dances were performed before or after the battle, hence the common props are there swords.
● It is a distinguished type of group dances, often occurring in the Scottish balls. Men dancing in traditional costumes, while the ladies in long skirts.
● Like the country dances are group dances. Sometimes it is very difficult to distinguish between these two types of dances. There are, in fact similar steps, hand movements are also reduced. Ceilidh dancing is dancing more freely. Technique of the steps is also much simpler than in the case of country dances.