Presentation on theme: "1.Concept masterplan 2.Development fingers 3.Concept housing 4.Proposals housing 5.Character of the area Daniel de Reparaz_Anneleen Dhondt_Pawel Jefimiuk."— Presentation transcript:
1.Concept masterplan 2.Development fingers 3.Concept housing 4.Proposals housing 5.Character of the area Daniel de Reparaz_Anneleen Dhondt_Pawel Jefimiuk CARPETA FINAL
1. Concept masterplan The existing horizontal structure prevents the flow, coming from the mountains to the sea. Our proposal is to change the horizontal borders to vertical borders, by creating fingers with different functions, hooked in each other.
2. Development of the fingers The flow we want to create is comparable with a diagonal. Where the finger cross the hardest border, the flow will be the biggest. The density for housing we want to create is the inverted diagram of the flow.
2. Development of the fingers The development of the fingers can be seen in different layers: the wanted density, mobility, permeability and value of the area. By investigating the specific area, and applying the demands, the wanted structure for the finger can be found.
2. Development of the fingers The section shows the connection between the flow, density, and the found structure.
2. Development of the fingers The finger can be developed in several phases: between interventions now and over fifty years. The development will not be spread over the area, but it will happen in little neighbourhoods.
2. Development of the fingers
The kinds of housing is related to the character of the created area: around the harbour, luxury apartments can be created, around the culture site, lofts can be created and so on…
3. Concept housing Because the area must be permeable, the housing must comply also to that demand. That permeability is therefore a subject, that can be developed in several dimensions.