Presentation on theme: "Essential question What is the relationship between air temperature and humidity?"— Presentation transcript:
Essential question What is the relationship between air temperature and humidity?
Instructions: 1. Open your notebook on the next blank page. 2. Paste the table of relationship between temperature and humidity. 3. Copy and complete the table on “Find the Humidity”. 4. Write your conclusion. 5. Write 15 vocabulary words on the short movie about wind.
How do the air temperature relate with humidity?
Use the graph to find the Humidity. Temperature in Degree Celsius Humidity (water vapor in air) 10 20 30 40 50
X-axis Y-axis Temperature Humidity or water vapor in air (g/m 3 ) 10 g/cm 3 18 g/cm 3 30 g/cm 3 50 g/cm 3 78 g/cm 3 Humidity Increasing Temperature Increasing Humidity
Find the Humidity Temperature in Degree Celsius Humidity (water vapor in air) 10 20 30 40 50 10 g/m 3 18 g/m 3 30 g/m 3 50 g/m 3 78 g/m 3
1. What is the relationship between temperature and humidity? As the temperature increases the humidity increases.
2. What is the mixture of our atmosphere? 3.How is our environment affected by acid rain? 4.What is destroying the ozone layer? 5.What is causing global warming? 6. How can global warming affect our environment?
2. What is the mixture of our atmosphere? 3.How is our environment affected by acid rain? Air is a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, and other gases. Acid rain kills aquatic organisms and trees in the forest.
4. What is destroying the ozone layer? 5. What is causing global warming? Chlorofluorocarbon or CFC is destroying the ozone layer. Global warming is caused by build up of carbons dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
6. How can global warming affect our environment? Melting of polar ice caps. Rise of sea level and flooding. Abnormal warming affects agriculture and the forests. …Climate change
Coalescence happen when small cloud droplets or water vapors join to form larger ones. 7. What is coalescence?
8. What kind of weather do stratus clouds bring? Stratus clouds mean rain if it is warm and snow if it is cold. They look like a huge gray blanket that hangs low in the sky. Sometimes stratus clouds are on the ground or very near the ground, and then we call them fog.
9. What kind of weather do Cirrus clouds bring? Cirrus clouds are the most common of the high clouds. They are composed of ice and are thin, wispy clouds blown in high winds into long streamers. Cirrus clouds are usually white and predict fair to pleasant weather.
Stratus CirrusPrecipitation Coalescence ______________10. All forms of water that fall from clouds. ______________11. Low, layered clouds which results to rain, snow. ______________12. Small cloud droplets join to form larger ones. _____________ 13.Wispy, high clouds made of ice crystals. Fair weather. ______________14. can be rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet. StratusCirrusPrecipitationCoalescencePrecipitation