Presentation on theme: "TRANSFORMATION OF YOUR MIND DOWNLOAD THIS POWERPOINT AT BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES FOR LIVING SERIES."— Presentation transcript:
TRANSFORMATION OF YOUR MIND DOWNLOAD THIS POWERPOINT AT HTTP://WWW.JLWILLIAMS.ORG/MEDIA/POWERPOINTS/ BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES FOR LIVING SERIES
SPIRITUAL BIRTHRIGHT “IN CHRIST”
1. I AM CHOSEN, PREDESTINED, AND DEARLY LOVED BY GOD A.“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me. He who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I too will love him and show Myself to him” (John 14:21). B.“No, the Father Himself loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from God” (John 16:27).
C.“For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will” (Eph. 1:4-5). D.“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience” (Col. 3:12). E.“For we know, brothers loved by God, that He has chosen you…” (I Thess. 1:4).
F.“But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth” (II Thess. 2:13). G.“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him” (I John 3:1).
2. I AM GOD’S WORKMANSHIP A.“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Eph. 2:10).
3. I AM BAPTIZED, SEALED AND ANOINTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT A.“For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free - and we were all given the one Spirit to drink” (I Cor. 12:13). B.“Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us…” (II Cor. 1:21).
C.“And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with Whom you were sealed for the day of redemption” (Eph. 4:30). D.“for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ” (Gal. 3:27). E.“Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?” (Rom. 6:3). C.“…having been buried with Him in baptism and raised with Him through your faith in the power of God, Who raised Him from the dead” (Col. 2:12).
4. I AM BORN OF GOD AND THE EVIL ONE CANNOT TOUCH ME A.“We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him” (I John 5:18). Remember this is true unless we are in a place of disobedience!
5. I AM A CHILD OF GOD THROUGH SPIRITUAL ADOPTION A.“Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His Name, He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12). B.“The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children” (Rom. 8:16).
C.“He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will” (Eph. 1:5). D.“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him” (I John 3:1). Those who are adopted are especially chosen in love!
6. I AM A PARTAKER OF THE DIVINE NATURE (ZOE) A.“Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires” (II Pet. 1:4).
7. I AM A NEW CREATION A.“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (II Cor. 5:17)
8. I AM CRUCIFIED, RESURRECTED AND SEATED WITH CHRIST IN HEAVEN A.But because of His great love for us, God, Who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 2:4-6). B.“Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules” (Col. 2:20).
9. I AM A JOINT-HEIR WITH CHRIST AND BLESSED WITH EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING A.“Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory” (Rom. 8:17).
B.“Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, ‘Abba, Father.’ So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir” (Gal. 4:6-7). C.“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ” (Eph. 1:3).
10. I AM A TEMPLE OF GOD’S SPIRIT A.“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?” (I Cor. 3:16). B.“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? You are not your own” (I Cor. 6:19).
11. I AM ONE SPIRIT WITH CHRIST A.“But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit” (I Cor. 6:17).
12. I AM A PRISONER AND BONDSERVANT OF CHRIST A.“Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God…” (Rom. 1:1). B.“For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles…” (Eph. 3:1).
C.“As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received” (Eph. 4:1). D.“Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus…” (Phil. 1:1).
13. I AM CHRIST’S BROTHER A.“Both the One who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers” (Heb. 2:11).
14. I AM CHRIST’S FRIEND A.“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from My Father I have made known to you” (John 15:15).
15. I AM CHRIST’S BRIDE A.“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her” (Eph. 5:25). B.“I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to Him” (II Cor. 11:2). C.“Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready” (Rev. 19:7).
16. I AM A SON OF LIGHT A.“Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light.” When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them” (John 12:36). B.“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light” (Eph. 5:8). C.“You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness” (I Thess. 5:5).
17. I AM A SLAVE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS A.“You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life” (Rom. 6:18-22).
18. I AM SPIRITUALLY CIRCUMCISED AND THEREFORE RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY A.“In Him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ” (Col. 2:11).
B.“God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God” (II Cor. 5:21). C.“and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (Eph. 4:24).
19. I AM FULLY JUSTIFIED A.“He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom. 4:25 – 5:1).
20. I AM ETERNALLY FORGIVEN AND BLAMELESS, AND MY DEBT IS CANCELED A.“All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His Name” (Acts 10:43). A.“In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace” (Eph. 1:7).
C.“For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in Whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins” (Col. 1:13-14). D.“When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; He took it away, nailing it to the cross” (Col. 2:13-14). E.“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).
21. I AM AN EXPRESION OF CHRIST’S LIFE WHICH IS IN ME A.“To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27). B.“When Christ, Who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory” (Col. 3:4).
22. I AM A POSSESSOR OF THE MIND OF CHRIST A.“For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ” (I Cor. 2:16).
23. I AM HIDDEN WITH CHRIST IN GOD A.“For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God” (Col. 3:3).
24. I AM MADE COMPLETE IN CHRIST A.“…you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority” (Col. 2:10).
25. I AM FREE IN CHRIST A.“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). B.“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (II Cor. 3:17).
C.“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery…You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love” (Gal. 5:1, 13).
26. I AM GOING TO BE LIKE CHRIST WHEN HE COMES A.“Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is” (I John 3:2).
27. “HALLELUJAH!” I AM A SAINT A.“To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ - their Lord and ours” (I Cor. 1:2). A.“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 1:1).
C.“Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons” (Phil. 1:1). D.“To the holy and faithful brothers in Christ at Colosse: Grace and peace to you from God our Father” (Col. 1:2).
“...BY THE GRACE OF GOD, I AM WHAT I AM...” I Cor. 15:10 A SLAVE A SON A SAINT
SPIRITUAL BIRTHRIGHT “IN CHRIST”…“IN CHURCH”
1. I AM A MEMBER OF CHRIST’S BODY A.“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it” (I Cor. 12:27). B.“for we are members of His body” (Eph. 5:30).
2. I AM FIRMLY ROOTED AND BEING BUILT UP IN CHRIST A.“…rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness” (Col. 2:7).
3. I AM A FELLOW-CITIZEN WITH THE APOSTLES AND PROPHETS A.“…built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone” (Eph. 2:20).
4. I AM A LIVING STONE BEING BUILT INTO A SPIRITUAL HOUSE A.“you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ” (I Pet. 2:5). A.“For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building” (I Cor. 3:9).
5. I AM A PART OF GOD’S HOUSEHOLD A.“Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household” (Eph. 2:19).
6. I AM A ROYAL PRIEST AND HOLY NATION A."you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ…But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light” (I Pet. 2:5, 9).
7. I HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO GOD THROUGH HIS SPIRIT AND CRY, “ABBA FATHER” A.“For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit” (Eph. 2:18). B.“For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, ‘Abba, Father’” (Rom. 8:15). C.“…that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, ‘Abba, Father’” (Gal. 4:5-6).
A.“For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit” (Eph. 2:18). B.“In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence” (Eph. 3:12). 8. I AM ABLE TO APPROACH GOD BODLY WITH FREEDOM AND CONFIDENCE
C.“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have One Who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Heb. 4:14-16).
A.“Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest Whom we confess” (Heb. 3:1). B.“Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king” (I Pet. 2:17). 9. I AM A HOLY BROTHER
A.“Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good” (I Cor. 12:7). B.“We have different gifts, according to the grace given us…” (Rom. 12:6). 10. I AM GIFTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
C.“He Who descended is the very One Who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe. It was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers” (Eph. 4:10-11).
A.“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Eph. 2:10). B.“…Who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good” (Titus 2:14). 11. I AM TO DO THE GOOD WORKS HE ORDANINED FOR ME
C.“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven” (Matt. 5:16).
A.“For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building” (I Cor. 3:9). B.“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self- control…” (Gal. 5:22-23). The “fruit of the Spirit” describes how God’s love behaves. 12. I AM GOD’S FIELD IN WHICH HIS FRUIT IS TO GROW
A.“I am the true vine, and My Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing” (John 15:1-5). 13. I AM TO MANIFEST CHRIST’S LIFE WITHIN ME
B.“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My Name” (John 15:16). C.“When Christ, Who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory” (Col. 3:4).
A.“Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth” (John 17:17). 14. I AM BEING SANCTIFIED BY HIS TRUTH
A.“I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints” (Eph. 1:18). B.“…to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Eph. 3:21). 15. I AM A PART OF HIS GLORIOUS INHERITANCE IN THE SAINTS
A.“For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves” (Col. 1:13). 1. I HAVE BEEN DELIVERED FROM THE DOMAIN OF DARKNESS AND TRANSFERRED TO THE KINGDOM OF CHRIST
A.“If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you” (John 15:19). B.“I have given them Your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world” (John 17:14). 2. I AM CHOSEN BY CHRIST OUT OF THIS WORLD
A.“You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God” (James 4:4). 3. I AM NO LONGER A FRIEND OF THIS WORLD
A.“For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world” (I John 2:16). 4. I AM NO LONGER A LOVER OF THIS WORLD
A.“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will” (Rom. 12:2). 5. I AM NO LONGER CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD
A.“Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul” (I Pet. 2:11). 6. I AM AN ALIEN AND STRANGER IN THIS WORLD
A.“Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out” (John 12:31). A.“I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me” (John 14:30). 7. I AM AN ENEMY OF THE DEVIL WHO IS THE PRINCE OF THIS WORLD
C.“…the prince of this world now stands condemned” (John 16:11). D.“The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (II Cor. 4:4). E.Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (I Pet. 5:8). F.“We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one” (I John 5:19).
A.“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). B.“…strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. ‘We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,’ they said” (Acts 14:22). 8. I AM TO EXPECT TROUBLE AND TRIBULATION IN THIS WORLD
A.“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline” (II Tim. 1:7). 9. I AM GIVEN A SPIRIT OF POWER, LOVE AND SELF-DISCIPLINE
A.“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (I John 4:4). B.“…everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith” (I John 5:4). 10. I AM TO OVERCOME THE “WORLD, FLESH AND DEVIL”
C.“We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one” (I John 5:19).
A.“Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?” (I Cor. 6:2). 11. I AM TO ONE DAY HELP JUDGE THE WORLD
A.“…God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation” (II Cor. 5:19). 12. I AM AN AMBASSADOR FOR CHRIST
A.“He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (II Cor. 3:6). B.“…God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation” (II Cor. 5:19). 13. I AM A MINISTER OF RECONCILIATION
A.“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men” (Matt. 5:13). 14. I AM THE SALT OF THE EARTH
A.“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden” (Matt. 5:14). 15. I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
A.“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come” (Matt. 24:14). B.“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation…’” (Mark 16:15). 16. I AM TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE WHOLE WORLD
C.“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
A.“For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, and therefore all died. And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him Who died for them and was raised again” (II Cor. 5:14-15). 17. I AM NO LONGER TO LIVE FOR MYSELF BUT FOR CHRIST AND THE PRAISE OF HIS GLORY
B.“…in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of His glory” (Eph. 1:12). “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33). “…for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4)
Saints, everyone born of God overcomes the world. That’s our birthright. Yet most Christians today are being overcome BY the world. What does it go back to? “…This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” Unless we grow strong in “…the faith once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3) and our faith in that faith, we will not overcome the world.
This is your spiritual identity as a Christian. Not as a religious person, not as a person caught up in denominationalism, liturgy or works. Being a Christian means that positionally I am in Christ Jesus. I used to be in the world. When I was in the world, I was dead in my trespasses and sin, I was conformed to the things of the world, dominated by the devil, caught up in all of the desires for all the things of the world. I have been liberated from the kingdom of darkness, and I have been put in the Kingdom of His dear Son.
I am in Christ. I can’t be “in Christ” - Who is the Head - without being in His church. He said “…I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it” (Matt. 17:18). So you cannot be in Christ without being in His church somewhere. Don’t think that you are going to find a perfect church, because there isn’t one. Find a church that is at least struggling with obedience – even if they stumble, you will be with a group of people that are heading in the right direction.
PRAYER Father, thank You for the incredible birthright that You have given us in the Lord Jesus. We don’t deserve it; it is Your grace from start to finish. It is Your plan. You have provided it and You have protected it. That which You plan, You provide in the Lord Jesus, and You continue to protect through the presence and power of Your indwelling Holy Spirit. Lord, I thank You for these truths we have studied about our spiritual identity – truths that Satan does not want us Christians to understand.
Lord, there are scores of born-again Christians in church who have never been taught about their spiritual identity in Christ Jesus. As a result, they live in insecurity, fear, condemnation, and guilt – and they do not appropriate who they are in Christ. Father, I pray that you would take the truths from Your Word, and use them to liberate Your people, so that once again the glory that You created us to reflect – lost in Adam, and restored in Christ – would be continued in and through us. For it is Christ in us, the hope of glory – the glory of Christ restored in us by the Spirit, nurtured in us by the church, for one purpose: that in all things You would receive the glory. Amen!