Presentation on theme: "* “ I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within."— Presentation transcript:
* “ I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!’” * 2 Corinthians 6:11-13, The Message
* He had the multitude. * He had the dozen. * He had the three. * He had the beloved.
* 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. * Romans 12:9-13 (NIV)
* 9 Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. 10 Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. 11 Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, 12 cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. 13 Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. Romans 12:9-13 (MSG)
* 16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 (NIV)
* 1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. * 1 Sam 18:1 (ASV)
* Ask ourselves: * Are my relationships truly genuine or are they shallow and somewhat fake? * Are they built on love, trust and integrity? * Are they empowering myself and others in our relationship with God?
* 8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:8-9 (NIV)
* Humility is not thinking highly of yourself, but humility is also not thinking lowly of yourself.
* “To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” – George MacDonald
* True Authentic Intimacy: “in-to-me-see” * Give people the real, raw and tender pieces of your heart. * Be brave and vulnerable. * Trust God and others with the pieces and there you will find peace. There you will find authentic community.
* “Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.”
* “I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!’” – 2 Corinthians 6:11-13, The Message
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.