Presentation on theme: "CHINESE CULTURE CENTER BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION 华 社 董 事 会 董 事 选 举 投 票."— Presentation transcript:
CHINESE CULTURE CENTER BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION 华 社 董 事 会 董 事 选 举 投 票
1. Yunfang Dong 董云芳 Yunfang Dong has lived in West Hartford area since She graduated from Fox Institute of Business and became a licensed massage therapist soon after her graduation. Yunfang is an active member in the Chinese community. She has been teaching Chinese for more than ten years in different schools in her spare time, such as Great Hartford Chinese School and Berlitz Language Center. She also helped organize several school fairs and participated in many performance activities. Yunfang is looking forward to serving and contributing to the Chinese community by working on the Chinese Culture Center board.
2. Changyin Jones 崔常英 崔常英， 女， 1984 年东北师范大学中文系毕业，分配到华北航天工业学院教公文 写作。 1985 到 1986 年在北京大学代培美学研究生。 1987 年调到自愿调到青海省 《青海湖》文学月刊任记者兼编辑。 1994 年调到河北廊坊电视台。 1999 年来美国。 在国内期间，先后发表过几百篇诗歌，小说，报告文学和文学评论等，是省级作 家协会会员。现有东康州大学教育学硕士文凭，有康州公立学校中文语言教学 K- 12 年级教师执照，已在康州公立学校教授中文近十年。 2006 年起在我们的康华中 文学校教书，做过老师，主任和副校长等职，对我们中文学校和 Chinese Culture Center 有非常深厚的感情，愿意继续为我们华人社团尽力！ Changying Jones, female, graduated from The Northeastern Normal University, Chang-chun, China in 1984 as major of Chinese language and Literature, BA, started working as a writing teacher in The North Space-industry College went to Beijing University training for a year went to Qinghai province worked as journalist and editor, 1994 went to Lang Feng Television Station worked as journalist and editor, came to USA in When I was in China, I had hundreds of articles published as novels, poems, stories and literary reviews. I was a member of The Writer Organization in the province. Now I have a master degree of Educational Technology from Eastern Connecticut State University. I am also a certified teacher in the Chinese language for K-12 school in CT. I have been teaching in public schools in CT for about ten years. I have been working for CCLA since I worked as a teacher, campus director, and assistant principle. I truly love the Chinese community and especially love our Chinese school. It would be my pleasure to continue to work for CCC and CCLA! Thank you!
3. Baikun Li 李白昆 Dr. Baikun Li is the Associate Professor of Environmental Engineering at the University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT). She got Bachelor and Master Degrees of Environmental Engineering at the Harbin Institute of Technology (Harbin, China). She came to USA in 1998 and was awarded the Ph.D Degree of Environmental Engineering at the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Li started her academic career as the post- doctorate researcher at the Pennsylvania State University and became an Assistant Professor at the Penn State Harrisburg in She moved to the State of Connecticut in 2006, and was promoted to Associate Professor. She was awarded as the Women of Year (in the scientist category) by the Connecticut Technology Council in Dr. Li is leading her group for the frontier research of environmental biotechnology, biomass energy harvest, and biosensors. She has supervised 10 Ph.D students and 15 Master students, and published over 90 peer-reviewed journal papers. Dr. Li grew up in the Northeast Region in China. She enjoys music, movies, hiking, having a good time with friends. She has organized several activities for UConn student and faculty meetings, conferences, field trips, picnics, and festival events. She has participated in several Chinese Events in the past five years. She looks forward to serving the Chinese Communities in Connecticut, and contributing to an energetic and inspired Chinese Organization Society.
4. Haiyun Li My name is Haiyun Li. I am a staff engineer of Pratt & Whitney. My family is residents of West Hartford and has been actively participating in CCLA starting from the pilot program. My wife is Lu Bao, a Chinese teacher here in previous years and my daughters are Daisy and Aileen, students in the AP Chinese class and the sixth grade respectively. In eight years past, Connecticut Chinese Language Academy (CCLA) has positively contributed to the growth of my children, and watching them enrich themselves in a culture they should feel proud of is my heartfelt pleasure. Daisy and Aileen have enjoyed their years at Chinese school as well; Daisy having won the 2012 Youth Art Contest and having her dragon design used as the logo on the school’s unified t-shirts; and Aileen working hard each year to memorize her lines to put on a great show for the annual “I Can Speak Chinese” school-wide presentation. My wife and I have also been parent representatives in past years and Lu was remembered to be a favorite teacher among all the students she has touched with her vivid passion to teach. CCLA has generously provided my family and the rest of our close-knit Chinese community a place where our heritage is proudly displayed and valued. In an effort to give back to a community that has given us so much, I believe serving on the CCC board will enhance the contributions to CCLA and the Chinese community itself. 李海云
5. Jing Ma 马晶 Jing Ma has lived in West Hartford for 10 years with her family. She became a CCC member when her son started attending CCLA Kindergarten 3 years ago. She is actively involved in all kinds of school events. She helped planning, organizing, and coordinating the activities to ensure they were executed smoothly and successfully. As a conductor of the Special Train in China for 15 years, Jing has the experience of leading, managing, organizing, and coordinating. She has contributed her experiences and skills to the Chinese community of Greater Hartford. Jing would like to continue supporting CCC and CCLA with her valuable experience by serving on the CCC board.
6. Xin-Ming Ma Xin-Ming is an associate professor at the University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC) and his lab is using patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cells as a model of human diseases to study the mechanisms of mental diseases such as schizophrenia and drug addictions. He was one of the major organizers of 2011 UCHC Chinese New Year Party. His joining of the CCC may be one of academic bridges between CCC/CCLA and the UCHC since the UCHC is a big community where there are many students, postdoctoral Fellows, faculty and other researchers.
7. Shanna Peng 彭姗 Shanna Peng has lived in Connecticut since Soon after graduating from Memorial Sloan-kettering Cancer Center Cytotechnoligist program. She has been working at pathology department of Yale University until now. She has been an active member of the Chinese community in Kang-Hua Chinese Choirs and had been a Chinese teacher in Connecticut Chinese Language Academy for three years. Shanna Peng asks for your support so she can serve our community in the future years.
8. Shuning Zhan 占舒宁 Shuning is a native of Hunan, China. A resident of Avon, CT. She attended medical college in China and is a professional staff for the research lab in medical field. Shuning likes to participate in community activities and is willing to serve the Chinese Culture community. Shuning is a mother of two. Hobby: karaoke, choir, and yoga. Shuning served in CCC board previously and had organized or participated a lot of CCC events. She is well known to CCC community.
9. Xun Zhu 朱寻 My name is Xun Zhu. I am an IT professional. We have been residents of South Windsor since Both my sons are currently the students of Connecticut Chinese Language Academy (CCLA). Daniel is in the Eighth Grade and Jerry is in the First Grade. Sending my kids going to Chinese school to study Chinese each Sunday has been an important part of my family's life. We really appreciate all the positive influence the school has given to my children. During the eight years, I have been actively involved in many school and class events. I helped the school administration team and class teachers to organize different kinds of activities, such as I Can Speak Chinese and School Fair. I have been a parent representative for many years. Last year, I was honored with an reward for my excellent work as a parent representative. I am looking forward to the opportunity to continue my efforts and enthusiasm by serving on the CCC board and contributing to the Chinese community.