TABLE OF CONTENTS Section 1 - Introduction Section 2 - Policy Statement Section 3 - Test Packages Section 4 - Test Procedures and Protocols: Mothers Work responsibility Section 5 - Test Procedures and Protocols : Buying representative / vendor responsibility Section 6 - Test Procedures and Protocols: Certified Lab responsibility Section 7 - Testing Information on the Web Section 8 - Mothers Work: Testing Team Contact Information Section 9 - Certified Lab’s: Contact Information Section 10 – Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
1. INTRODUCTION This Testing Manual provides the administrative procedures and testing requirements under the current testing program. Destination Maternity Corp. is committed to delivering quality merchandise to the Destination Maternity customer. These guidelines are based on the mandate that all soft lines merchandise purchased by Destination Maternity Corp. must be tested to meet all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, in addition to ensuring compliance with Destination Maternity customer satisfaction and acceptability. Mothers Work performance standards are used as a guideline for the evaluation of Mothers Work soft lines product acceptability. Most test methods and test procedures are originated from: ASTM (American Society of Testing and Materials) AATCC (American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists) CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) FTC (Federal Trade Commission)
2. POLICY STATEMENT Destination Maternity Corp. has three main certified laboratories, four affiliate labs and one vendor certified laboratory under this program. These labs will perform testing on all items as requested by Destination Maternity Corp. and its suppliers as outlined in this manual. Destination Maternity Corp. will only accept test reports from the following Destination Maternity Certified Laboratories: BVCPS (Bureau Veritas Lab): www.bureauveritas.com TTI (BVCPS affiliate): www.fiti.re.kr INTERTEK TESTING SERVICES): www.intertek.com FITI (Intertek affiliate) EKOTEKS (Turkey & Egypt Only): www.ekoteks.com ICQ Global (Italy Only): www.icqglobal.com CERTINTEX Lab (Peru Only) (STR affiliate): www.str.com firstname.lastname@example.org@certintex.com TUV SUD: (All locations except USA) www.tuev-sued.de/textile, email@example.com/textile Each Lab website has a list of all applicable domestic and international lab locations – to include contact name and addresses. The DMAT approved certified labs are available for the following type of testing: -Fabric and garment testing -Fabric inspections and in-line factory inspections -Hard lines testing Destination Maternity Corp. will only accept test reports from the following Vendor certified laboratory: Lloyd Lab (Certification through BVCPS) Any exceptions to the above certified lab locations must be agreed upon, in advance of testing, with Destination Maternity Corp. Testing or any subsequent test result does not limit Destination Maternity Corporation’s rights or diminish or remove buying representative or vendor’s responsibilities and obligations under the Purchase Order Terms and Conditions.
3. TEST PACKAGES Destination Maternity Corp. has 3 testing package options under the program that encompasses the following testing options: Destination Maternity Full Test Package 2008-09 (This test package is to be used for Motherhood/Oh Baby/ Pea in the Pod divisions only) – This package includes full and additional color Testing. Destination Maternity Pea Collection Test Package 2008-09 (This test package is to be used for Pea Collection division only). This package includes full and additional color testing. This package has a reduced amount of tests in comparison to the Full Test Package. Destination Maternity Protocol Test Package 2008-09 ( All Divisions). This package includes specific test menus for soft lines and hard lines protocol testing. The buying representative or vendor will not be permitted to customize or change any of the Destination Maternity Test packages. However buying representatives or vendors are permitted to run individual testing as needed in order to confirm or deny specific test results as directed by Destination Maternity Corp. Failure to test under one of the above required test package’s will be considered non-compliance and will result in delay’s to the test process. The buying representative or vendor will be held responsible for these delay’s. Each test package clearly outlines the classification, fabric type, tests, test method’s, individual / package pricing, sampling / yardage amounts and the standard required under the Destination Maternity Corp. test program. The Full and Pea Collection test packages encompass the following specific classifications for testing: Woven’s Woven Lingerie Knit’s Knit Lingerie Sweater’s Denim Swimwear Bra’s Panties Leather Baby Onesies Baby Sweaters The following list outlines test options for non standard classifications. These test menu’s are found within the Destination Maternity Full Test Package 2008 09 only. Diaper Bags Zipper’s Metal Trim’s Stocking’s/ Trouser Sock’s Leg Sticker’s
3. TEST PACKAGES The following list outlines test options for protocol testing related to non apparel product found in our Destination Maternity Stores. These test menu’s are found within the Destination Maternity Protocol Test Package 2008 09 only. Baby Textiles Baby Vehicles Skin Care Food Electronics Hard Lines Paper Goods Plaster Products Individual testing for Lead ( Sub straights / Surface Coatings) Individual testing for AZO dyes Flammability Baby Blanket Flammability Cal Prop 65 *Individual testing for Lead, AZO and Flammability can be requested when a vendor has all full testing to reference but is missing these specific tests.
4. TEST PROCEDUERS & PROTOCOLS : Destination Maternity Corp. Destination Maternity Corp. Responsibility Provide the buying representative or vendor with a copy of the Destination Maternity Testing Manual, sample submission requirements, and performance standards and test prices. When a product fails testing, Destination Maternity Corp. will discuss the situation wit the merchant team (and vendor when necessary), to determine the disposition as to retest or cancellation of the order, etc. Provide the buying representative or vendor with updates to the program in writing, as they occur Provide the buying representative or vendor with the Destination Maternity web site address: wwot.DestinationMaternity.com Provide assistance with test failures/protocols/communication issues in regards to the testing program
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors BUYING REPRESENTATIVE & VENDOR RESPONSIBILITY As a buying representative or vendor to Destination Maternity Corp., you are fully responsible for all fabric, garment, protocol testing and care label closure of production merchandise. You must guarantee that fabric, garments, protocol products pass all tests before production and shipment. You must guarantee that the approved care label is appropriate and legal based on the final testing for each style tested. The best timing for full fabric testing is when bulk fabric is approved by Destination Maternity Corp. The best timing for garment testing is at pre production stage (at the same time that you are sending your production quality pre pro sample for final fit approval, you should be sending your production quality samples to the lab for garment testing). The best timing for protocol product testing is 40-60 days prior to ship date It is the buying representative or vendors responsibility to ensure that all necessary tests are done to meet the Destination Maternity Testing requirements. All tests will be paid by the buying representative or vendor Buying representative or vendor will submit, troubleshoot, and put final closure to all testing and care label’s, in time for delivery, as required under the Destination Maternity test program.
4. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors SAMPLES / FABRIC REQUIRED FOR TESTING: The following is a list of the amount of fabric / garments required for each Destination Maternity garment classification under the current test program: Destination Maternity Full Test Package (Motherhood/Pea in the Pod & Oh Baby Divisions): Woven’s – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Woven Lingerie – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Knit’s – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Knit Lingerie – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Sweater’s – 5 samples only Denim – 5 samples only Swimwear – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Bra’s – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Panties – 4 yards fabric / 4 samples Leather – 4 yards worth of skins / 4 samples Diaper bag’s – 5 samples only Zipper’s – 26 whole zippers Metal Trim’s – Call Testing Manager for sampling amount - approval required in advance Stocking’s / Trouser socks – 6 samples only Leg Stickers - 6 stickers Combo Fabric’s- Additional 4 yards for each combo fabric being tested Belly, Shelf bra or lining fabric’s – Additional 4 yards of each (if applicable) Fabric to be tested with the shell fabric Trims – Tested in garment form – all production quality trims should be on all garments sent for garment testing Destination Maternity Additional Color Way Test Package: 1 yard fabric for each color being tested Denim and sweater testing require 1 additional sample for each color being tested
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors SAMPLES / FABRIC REQUIRED FOR TESTING : The following is a list of the amount of fabric / garments required for each Destination Maternity garment classification under the current test program: Destination Maternity Pea Collection Test Package: Woven’s – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Woven Lingerie – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Knit’s – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Knit Lingerie – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Sweater’s – 3 samples only Denim – 3 samples only Swimwear – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Bra’s – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Panties – 3 yards fabric / 2 samples Leather – 3 yards worth of skins / 2 samples Belly Fabric – 3 yards Lining Fabric –3 yards Shelf Bra fabric – 3 yards Trims – Tested in garment form – all production quality trims should be on all garments sent for garment testing Destination Maternity Pea Collection Additional Color Way Test Package: 1 yard fabric for each color being tested Denim and sweater testing require 1 additional sample for each color being tested
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PROGRAM TESTING REQUIREMENTS: The following is a list of the types of samples required for program testing. If your program includes several types of styles using the same fabric, it is not necessary to test every single style. Proper consolidation of styles is required in order to meet all testing requirements. Top and Dress Categories: If your program consists of a combination of long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless tops or dresses, you must test the top with the long sleeves. If your program consists of several similar types of styles, test the one with the most complex construction Bottom Categories:Bottom Categories: If your program consists of a combination of pants and skirts, test the pants versus the skirts. If your program consists of pants and shorts, test the pants versus the shorts. If the program consists of several similar bottom styles, pick the one with the most complex construction Jacket Categories: All jackets need to be tested separately Lined Styles: If your program includes lined and unlined styles, tested the lined garments Styles with Belly’s: All garments with a belly need to be tested separately Styles with Shelf Bra’s: All styles with a shelf bra need to be tested separately Styles with Decoration, Trim or Embellishment: All garments with decoration, embellishment or trim’s must be tested separately Styles with two or more combo fabrics within one style: All styles that have 2 more combo fabrics within one style or styles that have many pieces of fabric that encompasses the styles fabrication should be tested in garment form only. (patchwork fabrics / mixed media fabrics)
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENTS The following outlines the pre-production testing requirements under the Destination Maternity Testing Program: Sending Testing To The Lab: Follow the fabric / sampling amounts required for testing (includes protocol styles tested) Follow the Program testing requirements for which styles need to be tested within a program Fabric and garments must be in the darkest color on order. Protocol styles must be tested in the exact color (s) ordered by Destination Maternity Corp. Fabric must be identical to bulk production piece goods used for the garment /product submitted Pre Production samples must be made on production machinery and must represent bulk production Samples must include all bulk trim, accessories, embellishments Protocol samples tested must have any applicable warning labels, law labels, instructions for use as applicable to the product tested. Visually unsatisfactory samples ( stains, tears, missing pieces) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR TESTING!
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENT CONTINUED Lab Test Request Forms: Destination Maternity Corp. has three lab test request forms for the following test package options: 1. Destination Maternity Full Test Packages : which includes full test menu and additional color menu 2. Destination Maternity Pea Collection Test Packages : which includes full test menu and additional color menu 3. Destination Maternity Protocol Test Package : which includes separate test menus for specific items such as baby textiles, hard lines, skin care, paper goods, food, electronics etc.) Each test package requires its own Lab Test Request form. Therefore the appropriate Destination Maternity lab test request form is required to accompany all fabric, garments, and samples sent to the lab for testing. No exceptions. The most current lab test request forms are available on the Destination Maternity Corp. website wwot.motherswork.com Whoever orders the testing must sign the bottom of the Destination Maternity test request form. This will permit the lab to release the lab test results directly to Destination Maternity Corp. Failure to sign this form or failure to advise the lab that you are a Destination Maternity Corp. vendor will result in delays to the test process. Failure to use the Destination Maternity lab test request forms will result in improper testing, improper test pricing and testing delays. Failure to fill out the Destination Maternity lab test request form properly will delay the testing process. Failure to complete the CPSIA certificate information at the bottom of the lab test request forms will result in delay to the testing process. * See following page for the Destination Maternity Lab Test Request Forms
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENT CONTINUED : Lab Test Request Forms : Destination maternity Full Test Package & Pea Collection Test Packages
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENT CONTINUED : Lab Test Request Forms : Destination Maternity Protocol Test Packge
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED Additional Color ways: All additional colors on order must be tested for colorfastness and PH value When testing additional color ways – 1 yard of each color to be tested is required Send the additional color fabric simultaneously with the fabric / samples sent for full testing New Colors: All new colors adopted must be tested for colorfastness and PH value When testing new colors please choose the additional color way test package option on the Lab Test Request Form Swim wear Colors: All new colors adopted must be dunk tested by Destination Maternity Corp. At production color approval stage (after fabric quality is approved) the following is required for internal dunk testing: *one half yard of each color on order (per style) * Yardage for dunk testing should be sent automatically to the appropriate testing associate * Internal results will be communicated via e-mail Greige Fabric Commitments: Greige fabric commitments are subject to completion of lab testing. All new fabric adoptions should be preliminarily tested on available colors (bright or dark colors unless only pastel’s or light’s will be used in bulk) in order to establish acceptable performance on the fabric prior to production. This preliminary testing may not be used in place of the required pre-production testing and should not be submitted for approval at pre pro stage.
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED Re-Orders & On Going Programs: Re-orders shipping more than 1 year past a previous shipment must be tested as a NEW program. This means new full fabric / Garment tests are required * For new buying representatives or vendors the requirement will be 6 months until established. Re-Orders shipping less than 6 months from a previous shipment must be tested as a new program if any element of the order has changed. This includes new factory, supplier, spinning, dyeing, weaving, knitting, finishing or the addition of any embellishment/trim/heat seal/decoration. * For new buying representatives or vendors the requirement will be 3 months until established. Any buying representative or vendor who are unsure of their re-order or on-going program status must contact the Testing Associate or Testing Manager for confirmation. Approval of another time frame status other than the published time frame is subject to approval of Destination Maternity Corp. upper management. New Programs: New programs must be fully tested under the appropriate Destination Maternity Test package Re-Tests: All re-tests are the buying representative or vendor’s responsibility. On product re-tests, the previous test report number must be referenced on the Lab Test Request Form. If a previous report number is not referenced, the full fabric and garment test may be performed upon the submission. Garment Dye styles: Garment dye styles are required to have testing performed in garment form only. Garments must be production quality/color/finish exactly as bulk production. No exceptions. Additional Testing: Destination Maternity Corp. reserves the right to require any additional testing, deemed necessary, upon request
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED Flammability Requirements: Destination Maternity Corp. does not permit the use of Class 2 or Class 3 flammability for its apparel fabrics. * Only Class 1 fabrics will be permitted for Destination Maternity production. Vendors who attempt to use these fabrics for Destination Maternity Corp. production are subject to cancellation. All fabrics to be used for Infant apparel Styles for Destination Maternity must have flammability testing performed (CPSC 16CFR-part 1610). Failure to comply will result in cancellation. All fabrics used for Baby Blankets must have baby blanket flammability testing performed. Failure to comply will result in cancellation. Any exception to this requirement is subject to approval by the Testing Manager. Formaldehyde Requirements: Destination Maternity Corp. does not permit lab testing or care label approval on fabrics that Fail outside the Destination Maternity Corp. requirements listed for formaldehyde:,<75ppm for Adult and < 20 ppm for Infant Fabrics to be used for Combo Mom / Baby styles must meet the Infant Formaldehyde requirement of <20 ppm not the requirement for adult apparel. No exceptions AZO Dye Requirements: Effective October 2008 AZO Dye testing is required on all import styles shipped for Destination Maternity Corp. – no exceptions Destination Maternity Corp. does not permit lab testing or care label approval on fabrics that fail outside the Destination Maternity requirement for AZO Dye Colorants: none detected up to 20 ppm All colors except White are to be tested for AZO Dye Colorants AZO dye is exhibited on all test menus, this means the lab must automatically run AZO dye however it is billed separately outside the package price Infant Apparel Requirements: Infant apparel ( 9 mos. & under) produced for Destination Maternity Corp. is subject to the CPSIA, FTC and Cal Prop 65 guidelines. Failure to comply to these guidelines will delay the testing process and orders will be subject to cancellation.
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED Care Label Closure Responsibility: The buying representative / vendor is responsible for the closure of the care label for the product they are providing for Destination Maternity Corp. Care label closure is achieved by doing the following 1.Successfully completing all required testing under the Destination Maternity testing programs (full fabric, garment, additional color way’s (if applicable) and re-tests if applicable - major testing failures) 2. Sending the fully completed test package (all test reports, testing recap and care label layout form) to the appropriate testing associate or technical designer for review and approval Care Label Requirements: All care label layouts submitted to Destination Maternity Corp., must exhibit the following in order for approval French Translation – for all words exhibited on the label in English there must be the corresponding French Translation (French translations are located on the web at wwot.motherswork.com) USA care symbols that correspond with the care wording advised on the layout Care Label Closure Turn Time: Care label approval and closure must be competed at pre production sample stage by the date confirmed in the T&A Turn time for care labels sent to Destination Maternity Corp. is 5 working days from the date received Any requests for RUSH testing turn time are at the discretion of the Destination Maternity Testing Department and are based on testing volume *See the following page for the Destination Maternity Care Label Layout form
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENT CONTINUED : Care label Layout Form
5. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Buying Representative’s & Vendors PRE-PRODUCTION TESTING REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED Cancellations: Any Fabric that fails garment testing cannot be cut for production without a waiver from the Destination Maternity Testing Department. Any garments cut from the fabric failing testing is at the risk of the buying representative or vendor and is subject for cancellation Customer Complaints: Customer complaints that relate to unacceptable consumer performance are subject to post production testing In the event of a complaint, stock samples will be pulled by Destination Maternity Corp. and sent to BVCPS/ USA Lab for testing for the advised performance complaint. Destination Maternity Corp. reserves the right to run additional tests that may relate to the complaint. If post production testing shows a failure outside of the production approved testing the buying representative or vendor will be alerted via e mail for resolution Failed post production testing will be paid for by the buying representative or vendor Compliance: Deficiencies in compliance with these terms may result in charge backs as specified herein or elsewhere
6. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Mothers Work Certified Lab’s CERTIFIED LAB’S RESPONSIBILITY’S: The Destination Maternity Corp. Certified lab’s are responsible for accurate reporting of test reports and for maintaining the Destination Maternity test reporting protocol as agreed upon. The information below outlines these responsibility’s: Communication and Notification: The lab will notify the originating buying representative / vendor if a test request form or fabric/garment submittal is incomplete or insufficient. Until proper information and/or additional fabric/garment submittal is received. The testing will be placed on hold. The lab will communicate any issues, typo’s, errors exhibited on any reports completed for Destination Maternity Corp. The lab will notify all buying representatives / vendors, and Destination Maternity Corp. of any pending lab closures due to a holiday, system upgrade, or natural disaster. The lab will immediately notify the buying representative / vendor and Destination Maternity Corp. of any delay in processing of Destination Maternity test reports Lab Test Request Forms: The lab will enforce, generate, and maintain use of the most current versions of the Destination Maternity lab test request forms. The lab will not substitute or generate out dated or invalid copies of the Destination Maternity lab test request forms.
6. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Mothers Work Certified Lab’s CERTIFIED LAB’S RESPONSIBILITY’S CONTINUED: Test Evaluation and Reporting: The lab will complete all testing and evaluate the test results (See Destination Maternity test packages). They will rate the product by: 1)PASS – The product provides good overall consumer serviceability and requires no improvement. 2)FAIL – The product has deficiencies of such severity that customer dissatisfaction will likely result and / or non –compliance of Destination Maternity Corp. testing standards or regulatory requirements. The product cannot be sold until improvements are made. 3)The lab will complete hard copy report in the “REPORT” form including reasons for failure and recommendations for improvements in the case of FAIL rating. 4)The lab will confirm recommended fiber content, care label wording and USA care symbols, based on the test results. 5)Passing test reports – The complete hard copy report (including all swatches) and the testing invoice will be mailed to the buying representative or vendor who ordered the testing. Tested specimens will be returned as well unless otherwise advised by the buying representative or vendor. 6)Failing test reports – The complete hard copy report (including all swatches) will be automatically be re- directed and mailed to the Destination Maternity corporate office instead of the buying representative or vendor. Testing invoice will be mailed to buying representative or vendor. Tested specimens may or may not be requested depending on the failures. Destination Maternity Corp. reserves the right to request any and all tested specimens in order to expedite testing waivers or determine appropriate course of action for production.
6. TEST PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL’S: Mothers Work Certified Lab’s CERTIFIED LAB’S RESPONSIBILITY’S CONTINUED: Test Evaluation and Reporting: The lab will e-mail test reports (in the “report” form / PDF format) to the following recipients: Buying representative or vendor who ordered the testing Destination Maternity Corp. - Att: Mari Alessi-Kowalski at: mkowalski@DestinationMaternity.commkowalski@DestinationMaternity.com Destination Maternity Corp. - Att: Karen Stiles at: kstiles@DestinationMaternity.comkstiles@DestinationMaternity.com Any additional Destination Maternity recipients listed for CC on the lab test request form Testing Release Form: Whoever orders the testing must sign the bottom of the Destination Maternity test request form. This will permit the lab to release the lab test results directly to Destination Maternity Corp. Failure to sign the test request form or advise the lab that you are a Destination Maternity buying representative or vendor will result in delays to the testing process. Buying representatives and vendors will be held responsible for these delays not the lab.
7. TESTING INFORMATION ON THE WEB TESTING INFORMATION ON THE DESTINATION MATERNITY WEBSITE: The following testing information is posted on the Destination Maternity Website: wwot.motherswork.com Import & Market Buy Testing Manuals Test Menus – all divisions Lab Test Request forms – all divisions Care label layout forms Regulatory alerts Testing alerts French Translations for care labeling purposes AZO dye information CPSIA information Protocol Testing Folder with all hard lines / Baby Protocols
8. TESTING TEAM CONTACT INFORMATION Testing Associate: Endia Johnson: E-Mail: ejohnson@DesinationMaternity.com Phone 215-873-2200 ext. 2839 Testing Categories: Career suiting ( all divisions except pea collection), Outerwear ( All divisions except pea collection) Sleep wear (All divisions) Active wear (All divisions) Knit tops-includes nursing (All divisions) Knit bottoms (All divisions) Swimwear (All divisions) Sweaters (Motherhood & Oh Baby) Market Buy Testing (Pea, Pea Collection) Market Buy Testing Trainer Sr. Tech Designer : Maria Norman E-Mail: mnorman@DestinationMaternity.com PHONE: 215-873-2200 ext. 2353 Testing Categories: Bra’s, panties, innerwear (All divisions) Import Testing Trainer Testing Associate / Tech Apprentice: Amy Rogan: E-Mail: arogan@DestinationMaternity.com Phone 215-873-2200 ext. 2511 Testing Categories: Woven Tops-includes nursing (All divisions except pea collection) Dresses (All divisions except pea collection) Casual woven bottoms (All divisions) Pant sets / short sets (All divisions) Sr. Tech Designer : Valeria Capizzi E-Mail: vcapizzi@DestinationMaternity.com PHONE: 215-873-2200 ext. 2806 Testing Categories: Sweaters (Pea & pea collection) Woven Tops (Pea & pea collection) Dresses & Jackets (Pea & pea collection) Outerwear (Pea & pea collection) Testing Manager: Mari Alessi-Kowalski E-Mail: mkowalski@DestinationMaternity.com Phone 215-873-2200 ext. 2838
9. CERTIFIED LABS CONTACT INFORMATION Destination Maternity Corp. Global Account Managers: USA BVCPS Lab ( Bureau Veritas) & TTI: Contact: Dan Pacheco, Senior Program Manager E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 508-844-2734 ITS (Intertek Testing Services) & FITI: Contact: Seemanta Mitra, Manager - Retail Initiative E-Mail: email@example.com Phone: 973-924- 2552 TUV SUD: Contact: Kent Slaby, Business Development Director Softlines & Textiles E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org@tuvam.com Phone (518) 697-0434, (877) 888-4474 Destination Maternity Corp. Global Account Managers: Europe & Far East Ekoteks: Turkey & Egypt only Contact: Canan Sahin, Textile Engineer E-Mail: email@example.com ICQ Global: Italy only Contact: Sara Tusino, Key Account E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:++39-031768403 Certintex Lab: Peru Only Contact: John F.Gallagher JR., Technical Manager E-Mail: email@example.com Phone: 511 356-0140 Ext. 218 Nextel : 813*6631
10. Baby Product Testing Destination Maternity Corp. is committed to compliance to the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act 2008, Cal prop 65 and FTC labeling guidelines. Effective immediately all baby products need to be tested for CPSIA, Cal prop and FTC labeling compliance All buying representatives or vendors who are providing baby products to Destination Maternity is required to submit full and complete testing as per the DMAT protocols exhibited on the Destination Maternity Website. In order to be compliant to the DMAT testing program requirements you are required to do the following: 1.Log onto the web: wwot.motherswork.com and click on the Testing Manual Icon 2.Once in the manual click on the Consumer product safety improvement act icon – read through the CPSIA information if you are not already informed. 3.Locate the Protocol Testing Folder. Inside this folder are the protocols for all Baby Product Testing. Locate the protocol Icon that is applicable to your product. Review it against the testing you have on hand for your product. If you are missing any testing under the protocol you must immediately arrange for the testing to be completed on the product you are shipping to DMAT Corp. If you do not have any testing on your baby product you must immediately arrange for testing with BVCPS Lab. This is the only lab certified to perform baby product testing for Destination Maternity Corp. 4.Within the Protocol Testing folder is the hard lines / protocol lab test request form – when sending testing to the lab this form must be filled out in its entirety and sent with the baby products for testing. Failure to provide this form and all requried information will result in delays to the testing. 5.IMPORTANT: Any vendors providing baby products such as pacifiers, bibs, toys (plush, bath, regular) & Rattles must provide full and compliant testing to the Destination Maternity Protocol listed on our website for these products. This testing is due by Feb 10 th 2008 or Week ending date 2/13/2009 or your product is subject to removal from our stores. 6.Any baby products outside the ones listed above for the Feb 10 th – Feb 13 th date require testing under our written protocols. This testing must be completed 30 days prior to delivery date – no exceptions. Testing should be sent to the following testing team members mkowalski@DestinationMaternity.com & arogan@DestinationMaternity.com and CC your buyer.mkowalski@DestinationMaternity.comarogan@DestinationMaternity.com 7.If you cannot find the specific protocol for the baby product you are providing to Destination Maternity please contact Mari Alessi-Kowalski at mkowalski@DestinationMaternity.com for help.mkowalski@DestinationMaternity.com 8.Failure to arrange, troubleshoot and provide the required baby product testing on time will result in serious delay to the testing cycle and possible cancellation to the style in question. 9.There are no exceptions allowed to the Destination Maternity Baby product protocol testing. Destination Maternity Corp. requires full compliance.